Sign in to follow this  
sotiris

Dual monitor performance.

Hi,

A few days ago I added a second monitor (a Sony TV set).

What I 'd like to know is whether the addition of a second monitor has any effect on system's hardware performance and FSX.

Thanks for your time.

Sotiris Stavrakis

If you are mirroring the first screen, no or virtually none.

If you are extending the screen space, yes. How much will depend on how you use it and your system.

Thanks for info.

But what's the point to have a mirrored display ?

While extending is really useful.

Sotiris Stavrakis

18 hours ago, sotiris said:

Thanks for info.

But what's the point to have a mirrored display ?

While extending is really useful.

Mirrored display is useful for electronics store when you want multiple display showing the same video loop from a computer so people can compare the models they want.  I can think of a few other similar applications.  For simming, nah, not useful.  I personally have three displays but only fly on one and I use the other two for third-party add-on windows, maps, and multitasking.

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors