Sign in to follow this  
Phantoms

Use default logitech drivers while running spad?

I got my Class Echo up and running (it's great btw) for MSFS. It requires Spad.next to function.

I have a Logitech throttle quadrant along with Logitech Switch and Multi panels. I'm perfectly happy with Logitech's drivers and would like to keep using them instead of using spad to control them. However, spad interferes with the logitech drivers and using the panels. In addition to causing issues with the panels, it has constant popup warnings about using the logitech drivers.

Is it possible to turn off logitech support and warnings in spad and let the actual Logitech drivers prevail? If so, could someone point me to how?

James

Could be interesting to consider keeping only spad. I’m new to spad but I had it up and running with default profiles quite rapidly yesterday. And you benefit from nice plus like button acceleration (usefull for large changes in headind, altitude, crs etc). The radio panels switch button also has a standard function in the nav position to turn on audio identification of the nav frequency on a long press (500 ms). So some interesting functionality readily available if you made the purchase.

• Like 1

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

The purpose of SPAD is to replace the Logitech drivers (as well as provide a heck of a lot of features that Logitech doesn't provide).  My feeling: delete the Logitech drivers.  You have so many more options with SPAD.

Yea, dump the Logitech drivers.  I’ve been running only spad for several years.

Kent

i7 4790k @4.7Ghz 32Gb DDR3 1333 RTX 2070 GPU Win10 Pro

Yes, I never get my Backlightpanel running by Logitech or Saitek drivers.

Only by Spad and Spad next. Delete the driver and never installed again.

All is running perfect

Edited by sal9000

Stephan from Germany

My System

I figured out how to do this.

In Spad you have to go to Settings, then Devices, then to each Saitek Device and set the support to Off.

Next, when in game with Spad running, when you get the Logitech warnings you have to click "do not show again".

Now with Spad running it will not interfere with the Logitech drivers in MSFS.

Edited by Phantoms

James

hi guys... sorry I'm writing on an old thread.  I just got a MultiPanel (autopilot panel) from Logitech and I'm trying to use it with FS2020 and default aircrafts (like the Cessna 172) and using Spad.Next ...  I have tried many of the 2020+ online profiles for the device but I cannot get them to work properly.. specially the Altitude Hold part of the panel.  I can get the VS to hold, but it seems like the altitude hold is not being read/synched between the aircraft and the panel.  For example, I have 3000ft showing on the aircraft and when I try selecting an altitude on the panel (which is shown 5100 for example) and turn the knob, the numbers on the panel start jumping around and don't set.

Can someone shed some light on this or perhaps suggest a good default profile to use with FS2020?  Thanks!

Search for the profiles from c0nnex. He's the Spad creator and has the default profiles for all the Spad panels.

On another note regarding this thread, I did eventually switch to using Spad to control my panels and deleting the logitech drivers. Even have a profile at https://flightsim.to/file/28952/nextgen-emb-110-bandeirante-spad-next-profile-for-logitech-saitek-switch-panel for the NextGen EMB-110.

• Like 1

James