Sign in to follow this  
morpheous

PA 44 seminole window defrost msfs2020

Hello, 

I don't see this issue in any other posts so it must be me but I can't for the life of me figure out how to defrost the windows in the PA44 in MSFS2020. I start in a cold climate anywhere and for the first 15 minutes windows are clean but after flying for 10 minutes or so the windows completely ice over and I can't see a thing out of them. How do you keep the windows from icing over?

Morpheous

Edited by morpheous

Jim Vasto

Someone did a mod for the Carenado Mooney that prevents the glass from icing over when viewed inside the cockpit. I don't have the Seminole but maybe he did one for that too. Found it on Flightsim.to.

Just did a search for this.... nothing.

Edited by Twenty6
?

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

2 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

Someone did a mod for the Carenado Mooney that prevents the glass from icing over when viewed inside the cockpit. I don't have the Seminole but maybe he did one for that too. Found it on Flightsim.to.

Just did a search for this.... nothing.

I never thought about that, to bad its' not there, yet another reason why I think I'm doing something wrong rather than the plane. I mean its winter now so haven't other people had this issue?

Jim Vasto

It's god-awful in the Carenado Mooney so I'm not sure if it's a Carenado problem, MSFS problem or a combination of both. Whatever, it's way too much "immersion" too fast too soon.

I've taken to flying in the southern hemisphere. It's summer there and new places to visit and explore. I let The Skypark find interesting flights for me.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Are you flying in clouds? If so and it’s cold you’ll get icing in the real world too,what doesn’t seem to be working on the planes is the defroster. It won’t stop much accumulation in the real world either but works ok for trace icing.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

1 hour ago, z06z33 said:

Are you flying in clouds? If so and it’s cold you’ll get icing in the real world too,what doesn’t seem to be working on the planes is the defroster. It won’t stop much accumulation in the real world either but works ok for trace icing.

i do fly in clouds yes and thats when the windshield completely freezes over and you can't see a thing out of it, unflyable

Jim Vasto

The defrosters should operate as part of the cabin heat. IIRC that is how it operates in the airplane. 

• Like 1

Ok I figured this out, I don't know where or how the defrost operates in the real aircraft but if you assign a key or button to "toggle window deicing" in MSFS2020 the windows will defrost in a few minutes. Again I don't know where the actual switch is in the real plane because I tried everything but this toggle key works

Jim Vasto