Sign in to follow this  
ubersu

Application Warp Memory Manager

Guest Elthium

Just did a search and found nothing.I've always been weary of programes that promise to free up RAM and help me achieve a smoother playing experience.I saw this and thought to myself-"1.2mb download and 30 day trial, why not?"I installed it and set it to "Auto" which means the app sits in the background and optimizes your RAM for whatever you're doing at the time.I fired up FSX and did a quick flight around Seattle which normally gives me around 8-10fps and a lot of stutters and freezes. FR settled at around 13-15 with very little stutters and no freezes giving me a very playable experience.I tried a few more flights that normally I avoid but found them to be flyable now:-) So yes, as soon as the 30 day period runs out I'll definitely be purchasing this.Not sure what the policy here is on linking but a Google for "Application Warp" should send you to the Major Geeks site.Hope this helps some of you guys like it has helped me.As always YMMV...

It might be helpful to others, if you posted your system specs, particularly the amount of ram you have installed.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2530 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Where did you find this program? I executed a Google search and found a large number of entries pointing to various sites hosting this software. However, every one of them was a deadend. It's as if someone has removed this software from the Internet.Frank

There are also lots of free ones to try.Here are some-type "memory optimizer" in the search window at this site :http://www.freewarefiles.com/edit: I just tried one called wincleaner and it looks so far like it adds 5-6 fps though I'll have to experiment some more to be sure.Thanks for the suggestion-I had always been reluctant to use these also but so far looks good.... :-)

It's available from major geeks.com... The author's website is offline however. My limited Dutch skills suggest that it might be temporary, but I'm not sure...DJ

Well, I finally found the program but..... Does anyone know how to stop the "stupid" "Internet Connection Failed" notice that pops up every minute you have that program in memory? I tried to disable the automatic update but that didn't help.Frank