Sign in to follow this  
PhilTaylor

China roofs are green fluo?

Hi,Why?Any recommendations?

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Guest AOA

HiIt looks like missing textures or they have failed to load for some reason.I see that same color when FSX firsts loads up and the textures are loading (less than a second).Pete

That sounds suspiciously like the DX debug runtime.A green or pink background is an indication the debug DX runtime is installed. As a feature it alternates between the green and pink, to indicate during development that a full viewport clear hasnt been issued. You are costing yourself something on the order of 20% by having the debug runtime instead of the retail runtime. Switch it using the DX control panel and get framerate back.

Guest garwig2

How does one get into the DX control panel?

If you have the SDK installed, its available from the standard control panel as an additional applet.Off the top of my head, I cant remember if you uninstall the SDK does it automagically uninstall the debug runtime, but I have seen other reports of the pink background; which sounds suspiciously ( like this one ) of the SDK debug runtime.

And if not where Phil T. said, it would seem logical to check dxdiag as well. I don't think dxdiag has that setting though...now that I think about it...RhettAMD 3700+ (@2530 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>If you have the SDK installed, its available from the>standard control panel as an additional applet.>>Off the top of my head, I cant remember if you uninstall the>SDK does it automagically uninstall the debug runtime, but I>have seen other reports of the pink background; which sounds>suspiciously ( like this one ) of the SDK debug runtime.I have seen cases of pink/green buildings when the video cardmemory gets tapped out. But it's usually temporary and the textures will usually load if you keep the same view for a while.Thats the only time I've seen those. I use a 128m video card, so I have to watch out.. I can overload that thing if I getcarried away with autogen, etc and then go to a dense scenery.But like I say, they are usually random buildings where the texture has not loaded yet. They usually will if you wait a bit.If they are always green/pink, probably the problem you describe.MK

Good point, while DXDiag wont tell you what runtime you have, it will tell you that you have debug files on the system. If thats true, its likely you have the debug runtime enabled and thats why you are seeing pink/green.

Perhaps they are sealing their roofs with Dollars from the sale of goods to Walmart.Regards,Dick Boley

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Hi,It seams that all the DX files are "Final Retail"

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64