Sign in to follow this  
STUART_H

MCE & FS2CREW PUSHBACK EXPRESS?

I have FS2CREW PUSHBACK EXPRESS for various ground handling. Is there a way to disable the pushback in MCE to avoid conflict with MCE when using voice commands in FS2Crew PBEx?

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

10 minutes ago, STUART_H said:

I have FS2CREW PUSHBACK EXPRESS for various ground handling. Is there a way to disable the pushback in MCE to avoid conflict with MCE when using voice commands in FS2Crew PBEx?

Not quite sure why you would need to run another instance of the speech engine just to perform pushback (and without a tug).

The capability is built into MCE, doesn't go via the ATC menu and above all uses ASOBO pushback truck and can alternate push to any direction continuously.

Never mind the fact you could talk to ground mechanic in ANY language and custom speech you like.

<media> 

</media>

31 minutes ago, FS++ said:

Not quite sure why you would need to run another instance of the speech engine just to perform pushback (and without a tug).

The capability is built into MCE, doesn't go via the ATC menu and above all uses ASOBO pushback truck and can alternate push to any direction continuously.

Never mind the fact you could talk to ground mechanic in ANY language and custom speech you like.

I'm fully aware of the pushback facility built in to MCE which mostly works very well, but I have some issues where the truck connects but didn't push even though the brake was released beforehand, especially at some third-party add-on airports, which I accept may be an issue of the scenery. So thought I would try an alternative such as  FS2Crew PBEx, but was just wondering if it would conflict with MCE hence my question. Also to review it's ease at providing other ground handling e.g. baggage and catering.

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

6 minutes ago, STUART_H said:

I'm fully aware of the pushback facility built in to MCE which mostly works very well, but I have some issues where the truck connects but didn't push even though the brake was released beforehand, especially at some third-party add-on airports, which I accept may be an issue of the scenery. So thought I would try an alternative such as  FS2Crew PBEx, but was just wondering if it would conflict with MCE hence my question. Also to review it's ease at providing other ground handling e.g. baggage and catering.

MCE pushback isn't affected by scenery or AFCADS conflicts.

If the mechanic doesn't push, release brakes (or calibrate pedals in case they cause un-intended brake activity due to narow dead zone ) and make request again. Ground services also handled in MCE with latest versions.

Not expecting any conflict with ANY other add-on. It's up to you to find a way to make them work together. Maybe just mute MCE speech reco when using other pushback.

Thanks Gerald. Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing MCE at all, which is a great program and one that I've used and supported for many years and will continue to do so. Just trying an alternative for ground handling  I'll try the muting as suggested when trying / using FS2C PBEx.

Thanks for your support as always.

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

I also use PushbackExpress alongside MCE and I use the MCE mute key to do so.

The reason I prefer PushbackExpress over the pushback via MCE is that in PushbackExpress you can preset the distance and the turn direction before starting the push. You can then just request the push and let the ground crew do their job.

With MCE on the other hand you have to actively manage the pushback by continuously giving directions to the ground crew which is completely unrealistic.

I wish it was possible with MCE to say something like "pushback 50 meters, nose to the right".

1 hour ago, FS++ said:

Another MCE and Pushback Express user here. As others have noted, you can workaround things to use both. I'm a big fan of MCE, but I'm a big fan of FS2Crew as well, so I like to support both, not least because they're both blessed with two of the best and most responsive developers in the entire TPD arena.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here