Sign in to follow this  
John F71

Suddenly started to crash to desktop?

My version 2.6.7, has caught the CTD bug.

I start LNM, which loads the world but then displays the "Globe elevation not valid" warning followed by an "Information" window with details of KEYW which was the first airport I had selected previously as a flight plan Departure Airport. Why does it show this? It seems to have stuck on this for some reason. Cancelling this window then causes the CTD.

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling several times to ne effect. Also tried V2.6.6 which did not solve the issue.

It crashes to desktop every time now and is usable

Any ideas?

Did you move or remove the GLOBE data? LNM will show a warning message but this should not cause a crash. Have to check.

Rename the configuration file C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ABarthel\little_navmap.ini
This might fix it.

Best would be to save the configuration file and send it to me by email. Maybe some obscure setting causes the crash.

Alex

@John F71

Hi John,

thank you for the file. Got it. I'll check if it causes crashes. Removing LNM does not help since all settings and databases are stored in the folder C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ABarthel .
You have to delete this one for a full reset.

Did removing the ini file help?

BTW: I could no reply to your email. Got an error "mailbox unavailable".

Alex

Thanks for your feedback. I still get the "mailbox unavailable" when replying to your emails.

You can go to options page "Cache and files" and disable the GLOBE data or correct the path to the data which is stored there.

Alex

Alex,

Dont know whats going with the emails sorry (Sent from Win 10 Mail which came up when I clicked on your link from your manual, generally use Outlook as a rule????)

I didn't remove the ABartell file.

Anyway it's looking good ad the moment, though not done the globe and scenery library yet.

Thanks for your help

Alex,

I just renamed the ini file, restarted LNM which was ok, then changed the ini back to the default description

John

Sorry Alex, bad news! It's just as it was before before.

INstalled V.2.6.7 and started up an hour ago and started to do a flight plan starting at Key West, then saved it. That went well. Also did some tweakings in the options. Scenery library and GLOBE all installed correctly I think (no GLOBE error message this time) It seemed to be good.

However started just now - my flight plan appearedin a text window. Although the world was on, there was no detail on it. After a couple of seconds a CTD. A second attempt same result.

???

Hi John,

thank you for the files! Your configuration helped to fix an obscure crash which appears when you start a map fully zoomed out with Mercator projection.
I've got two or three more reports of this bug on startup. Glad it's finally squashed.

Until I release a fix: Delete the file little_navmap.ini again. Then use the Spherical projection instead of Mercator or do not quit the program zoomed all way out.

Alex