Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

USA Roads and Misty Fjords????

Wonder if there is any hope for an FSX update for these contributions?Happy flying:RTH

I know Holger is looking into it. Lots has changed between the two sims and it'll take some work.Tongess Fjords is what I am looking forward to the most, hope he can get it working.Why would you need US Roads when the new roads in FSX are so much better and more accurate? I heard UT is supposed to be FSX compliant soon, that should help you.Regards, MichaelKDFW

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest alex333

Those pics look stunning! I'm looking very much forward to this :)

Sorry, but the FSX roads are not "more accurate" in my home area unless you just mean compared to FS9 defaults. In fact many don't exist at all, including the sub-division where I live. My corner is a prime landmark for an approach to RWY4 at KLWB. Granted, I do not have a state of the art system and may just be missing something that is available. Time will tell and may prove that you are correct in the end.Ultimate Terrain, which is not up to snuff yet relative to roads (but great in everything else) was adequate in FS9. USA was a bit sharper for my purposes. Apparently it just depends on what you are looking for, and where you are flying unless as I stated above I just don't have all sliders turned up to the level that shows everything. I concur that in general, FSX roads are a big improvement over the default FS9 offering, but from what I am seeing so far, they are no where near as accurate as USA Roads, or UT USA for that matter.Respectfully:RTH

Hello Holger:It is always such a pleasure to see a post or reply from you with some of what we read now days. I can always know it will be good news, not something sour.I told you this story months ago (or was it years) when Misty Fjords first came out. An excursion I took on an Inner Passage cruise was in a float plane to Misty Fjords. Level flight, and the terrain came up to us. Over the crest and the most beautiful black water (clear as a mirror) lake I have ever seen (I'll bet you have heard this same story from others). In my ignorance back then, I thought Misty Fjords was just that lake, not knowing it was a whole region. There and the Isle of Patmos are the two most favorite places I have seen in my lifetime. What beauty!Thanks again for the contribution you make to flight simming! I look forward with great anticipation to what's next.Respectfully:RTH