Sign in to follow this  
paulyg123

Pacsim add on scenery airports

I am dismayed about the slow progress in P3D V5 scenery.  I see Pacsim has some US airports including KSAN and KSLC. Any idea how they compare to the works of FSDT and Flytampa?

Paul Gugliotta

I can't speak to their US Airports but I do have RKSI which is one of the best sceneries I have on my hard drive. 

I have RNO and SLC.... both are excellent and the quality is just about as good as FlyTampa or FlightBeam (those being the top tier in my opinion).

Unfortunately the SLC terminal is out of date.  Hopefully they will release an update.

Dan

Dan Pergau - PPL-SEL

I7-10700k, RTX4070, 32gb-3200mhz | Dell U3415W | Saitek Pro Pedals & Logitech 3D Extreme | - PMDG Boeings, iFly MAX, Fenix A320, Leonardo MadDog and Majestic Q400 | P3Dv5 & MSFS

1 hour ago, dpergau said:

I have RNO and SLC.... both are excellent and the quality is just about as good as FlyTampa or FlightBeam

Lol no way

7 hours ago, paulyg123 said:

US airports including KSAN

They don't have San Diego KSAN.

I have KSLC and its great to my opinion, It's a bit less photoreal than others I think, but I don't mind. I like the many details and performance. I use their scenery since FSX and they ported many over to P3D4 for free. Only PNG Bush Flying wasn't possible for them. I use stil some P3D4 sceneries successfully in P3D5. I didn't test all I have but remember it was one of the islands, which works fine. If someone needs info about a specific scenery in v5, you can pm me. 

Dan

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

I bought 2 japanese little airports from Pacsim, which were OK but no more.

However, I also got big asian airports (RKSI, RCTP, RPLL) and I am very pleased visually, fps wise, and from an atmosphere standpoint. There is also good attention and execution on the surroundings of the airports.

I would not say Pacsim is at the same level as Flytampa/Flightbeam but close. I would say that Pacsim is like a Taxi2Gate when it was at its golden age a couple of years ago.

Pacsim makes 'unusual' airports that other developers don't care about (their baseline says "scenes for pilots who deviate from the norm"), hence the higher price.

- TONY -

I liked PacSim a lot and although I would not see them up there with Flightbeam or Flytampa, their prices unfortunately are well above those two. That's why I haven't bought a PacSim scenery in a long time. Before those prices went up to $35-$40 a scenery I bought quite a lot "obscure" sceneries from them like Rarotonga, Nauru or Tonga. RPLL was great as well.

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

I have their RNO, SLC, RKSI.  I like their scenery but it's not on Fly Tampa /FB level.  Unless you really need the locations I also agree that it is over priced.  Finally I didn't like how they handled V5 upgrades for their scenery especially considering they charge more than practically anybody in the first place for their scenery.  I felt they were trying to collect an upgrade fee for V5 with very minimal changes.  To make matters worse they hadn't updated their lights (DL) to adhere to the new V5 SDK.  So dynamic lighting wasn't working properly on PBR aircraft.  Not sure if they have fixed this or not.  But they were arguing with customers on FB about this when they were not right.  I didn't like that.  Like said earlier.  Their SLC is now way out of date with the recent new terminal opening.  I was under the impression that Cleveland was imminent months ago.  But haven't heard anything in a while.  So who knows. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

FYI - the regular price may be a bit on the high side but I would look out for one of their sales that they do run from time to time.

Over Christmas/New Year their scenery was offered at a 20-30% discount.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

36 minutes ago, aldridgem said:

FYI - the regular price may be a bit on the high side but I would look out for one of their sales that they do run from time to time.

Over Christmas/New Year their scenery was offered at a 20-30% discount.

That doesn't make much sense. Take for example Incheon for a normal price of $36. They run their discounts with 20% which brings it to $28,80. That brings you to Flightbeam/Flytampa full price territory. This is not what a good sale looks like. Specially not during the holiday when other developers run their sales with 30-40% and you can get a Flightbeam airport for around $15-$20.

Don't get me wrong. If it is an airport I really like/need then I am more than willing to pay a good price around 25-30$... But they charge just too much for my taste but it seems working for them so who am I to judge...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

I have been supporting Graham by buying his sceneries but the last one that  I bought (on sale) was RKSI Incheon and I believe it has been his weakest release yet. We’ll see how Cleveland looks when eventually it gets released. 

For the money I think Flightbeam, FSdreateam and FlyTampa offer a better experience. 

13 minutes ago, Samaritano said:

I have been supporting Graham by buying his sceneries but the last one that  I bought (on sale) was RKSI Incheon and I believe it has been his weakest release yet. We’ll see how Cleveland looks when eventually it gets released. 

For the money I think Flightbeam, FSdreateam and FlyTampa offer a better experience. 

Lately I would also recommend FSimStudios.  They have come a long way

• Upvote 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

20 hours ago, officercrockey said:

That doesn't make much sense. Take for example Incheon for a normal price of $36. They run their discounts with 20% which brings it to $28,80. That brings you to Flightbeam/Flytampa full price territory. This is not what a good sale looks like. Specially not during the holiday when other developers run their sales with 30-40% and you can get a Flightbeam airport for around $15-$20.

Don't get me wrong. If it is an airport I really like/need then I am more than willing to pay a good price around 25-30$... But they charge just too much for my taste but it seems working for them so who am I to judge...

Yep, you takes the choice and pays the price!! RKSI which I bought a year and half ago cost me €27 at the time. OK not a super bargain but better than paying full price.

IMHO - this is personal decision. Everyone considers a scenery add-on based on their own personal set of preferences, expectations and everybody has a different budget available too!

And yes, some of the pricing strategies make me wonder, but at the end of the day its their business not mine. 😉

• Like 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

I've had practically everything PacSim produces for quite some time. The P3dV5 products are very good. Aftersales support, if needed, is excellent. Recommended.

Dave

1 hour ago, dbw1 said:

The P3dV5 products are very good. Aftersales support, if needed, is excellent.

At least when PacSim does like your support issues, as we both know from a certain other thread.

Bringing up any existing shortcomings or asking about features of a paid upgrade is not so much appreciated by them. Just have a look at the Thanksgiving Sale 20202 thread in the Bargain Hunter's Shack and anybody know why I am done with that developer. Valid questions and concerns were interpreted by PacSim as "pi**sing" on their advertising.

Destinations, Price, Support...seems a lot deviate there from the norm. But enough of beating a dead horse. I simply have accepted that my issues with RKSI will not be fixed and that the announced service pack will probably never see the light of the day.

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png