Sign in to follow this  
paulyg123

Pacsim add on scenery airports

OK good info to ponder.  I wish FlyTampa and Imaginesim would step up their game and at least make 1 new scenery/year for P3D.  The wait onK ATL for FT and KDFW fir Imaginesin is pathetic.

I have both P3DV5 with 50 payware airports and FS2020 with NOTHING added.  I still choose P3DV5 over FS2020 until I get some PMDG planes in it.   I wonder if P3D will someday fade away.

• Like 1

Paul Gugliotta

23 hours ago, Wolkenschreck said:

I simply have accepted that my issues with RKSI will not be fixed and that the announced service pack will probably never see the light of the day.

So whats been mentioend with the service pack for RKSI? Hadn't heard about that?

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Not much mentioned I am afraid. It was only announced in Fall 2019 on Facebook that RKSI would get an update before 2020. But as far as I am aware of were only the v5 compatibility installers released. 

RKSI is nevertheless a well done airport and I do like it. Only improvement I ever hoped for are the missing jetways. Much of Terminal 1 is missing the second jetway and T2 has also missing quite a few of them. This is by all means not a real deal breaker but just feels unfinished for an airport that is mainly served by heavy aircraft.

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

Unfortunately, as the result of what seemed like a fairly benign post in this thread a few days ago, which I then had deleted by the moderators, my account has been closed by PacSim. I have purchased almost all of their airports over the years, and they are very well done. I have attempted to make peace with the developer, but as of now, things seems to be at a standstill. It is a shame, because I was planning on at some point purchasing the v5 installers, plus KSLC and Cleveland when it comes out. I am really uncertain as to how to resolve this issue, so I am hoping time will heal and we can both move forward. My post, which I am sure many of your read while it was up, had absolutely no malicious intent, and I am on record as having praised many developers over the years. I suppose I fell into the same trap that many of us do, where I posted something in the heat of the moment, without thinking it through. Well, none of us are perfect, especially considering what is going on in the world right now. I am not angry about the current situation, as of course I had a part in it with my overreaction to the upgrade fee a while back, so that is on me. That said, I am hoping that we can both get past this. I have supported so many developers over the years, as their hard work is what makes this such a great hobby. Hopefully this too will have a happy ending, but only time will tell.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Pete:  What did you do to get cancelled?   Did you storm the Capitol, vote for the wrong candidate, threaten to kick Pacsim to the Atlantic?  

Bases on the reviews here I may add 1 or 2 Pacsim airports.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Paul Gugliotta

Sad to read this Pete. I would hope the developer comes to the forum and addresses this. That’s what I would do if it was my business 

• Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

2 hours ago, paulyg123 said:

Pete:  What did you do to get cancelled?   Did you storm the Capitol, vote for the wrong candidate, threaten to kick Pacsim to the Atlantic?  

Bases on the reviews here I may add 1 or 2 Pacsim airports.

Nothing more than complaining about the upgrade fee for the P3dv5 installer. It seems petty now, I should have just bit my tongue and bought it. No foul language or serious name calling. My post that I deleted the other day was related to that basically. When he emailed me about and told me he has closed my account because of that post, I told him I would delete the negative post. I was trying to do the right thing, even though it wasn’t even that bad of a post. Anyway, I can’t get new links, and can’t even buy new products if I wanted to. With all we are dealing with today, I will never understand why we can’t get past such insignificant things. Bottom line is I do like his work, apologized to him for the post, and had it deleted. What more can I possibly do? Nothing like this has ever happened to me before. I will keep you all posted.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 1

2 hours ago, micstatic said:

Sad to read this Pete. I would hope the developer comes to the forum and addresses this. That’s what I would do if it was my business 

I completely agree, and that is my hope as well. As a born and raised Metro NYC guy, I can get a bit hot sometimes, but I always end with shaking hands, and I don’t hold a grudge. Life is too short for that garbage.

Cheers, Pete  

11 hours ago, PilotPete99 said:

Nothing more than complaining about the upgrade fee for the P3dv5 installer. ...

If this is not allowed anymore ... I'm speechless. Why would you buy from them again. There are enough other (and better) airports available.

Edited by Nemo
  • Upvote 2

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

3 hours ago, Nemo said:

If this is not allowed anymore ... I'm speechless. Why would you buy from them again. There are enough other (and better) airports available.

I certainly can’t disagree with you. Customers have been commenting on businesses for as long as I can remember. Yelp and Amazon are perfect examples. Some of the reviews are about as harsh as you can get, but that should be a customer’s right without fear of backlash. What is even more shocking is getting a personal email from a business owner regarding a comment in a completely independent forum. After all, that is the whole point of an independent forum. As the days go by I find myself in even more disbelief that this actually happened. I will continue to monitor this situation, but the ball in his court at this point.

Cheers, Pete

Edited by PilotPete99