Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

Honeycomb Bravo FSUIPC or Default UI?

So finally after 6 months my Bravo is being shipped (Avworld Canada). I have a bit of experience using controls in P3D and setting them up via FSUIPC. I find FSUIPC to be a bit un-user friendly and has quite a steep learning curve, however, it is extremely powerful. 

I wanted to know if I am better off using the default MSFS UI to set up all of my controls or should I run everything through FSUPIC? I currently have the HoneyComb Alpha, Bravo and TPR Rudder Pedals. I'm also pretty much only flying thee CJ4 mod and the Mooney and I want to have ALL

of the controls/buttons bound my my controllers so I barely need to use the mouse to minipulate buttons etc in the VC. 

Thanks! 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

10 minutes ago, mmaclauchlan said:

I’m using FSUIPC to avoid the 10 degree/1000ft increment bug. Works great. Using the MSFS for axis control only. 

Any particular reason you're using both? 

Also, does FSUIPC allow me to map all of the Auto Pilot buttons? 

Edited by fakeflyer737

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Worked perfectly out of the box for me..  Just to clarify that I have not used every button, but everything worked perfectly did not see the 10 degree problem mentioned above.

10 minutes ago, markmasterson said:

Worked perfectly out of the box for me..  Just to clarify that I have not used every button, but everything worked perfectly did not see the 10 degree problem mentioned above.

I wonder if they've fixed the bug. I have it with my Alpha and use FSUIPC to get around it but I was wondering if there is another way. Do you have the Bravo Throttle...does the AP functions work out of the box? 

Ron Hamilton

37 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

I wonder if they've fixed the bug. I have it with my Alpha and use FSUIPC to get around it but I was wondering if there is another way. Do you have the Bravo Throttle...does the AP functions work out of the box? 

My Bravo autopilot functions worked good out of the box, but the other row of buttons duplicated assignments already defined with my Alpha yoke.  So I have reassigned several of those to actions like pitot heat, prop heat, parking brake, speed brake (Carenado Mooney), and cleared assignments for the others.  I still have (3) on that row yet unassigned.  I fly exclusively  GA prop and turbo prop models.

I have not determined how to use the autopilot VS button and adjustment knob on the Bravo to adjust either FLC rate of climb or VS rate of descent for the MSFS G1000 or G3000 aircraft.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

54 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

I wonder if they've fixed the bug. I have it with my Alpha and use FSUIPC to get around it

How do you get the 10 degree bug with the Alpha? 

7 hours ago, mtr75 said:

How do you get the 10 degree bug with the Alpha? 

I deleted all of the assignments in MSFS and used FSUIPC 

Ron Hamilton

Everything worked fine for me out of the box.  Used msfs interface to configure everything.  

best flight controls I have had hands down.  

• Like 1

Anthony Neumann

Using a Vjoy profile here to avoid the 10 degree bug, with both alpha and bravo. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith

I am using spad.neXt for my Alpha and this solved the 10 degree trouble for me.
Long time user of spad.neXt anyway.

3 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

I deleted all of the assignments in MSFS and used FSUIPC 

I guess to put it better: how do you change the heading bug using the Alpha? What button did you assign to this?

19 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

I guess to put it better: how do you change the heading bug using the Alpha? What button did you assign to this?

For me?  None.  There is not a button on the Alpha to function that way.  The issue is with MSFS, and some very notable developers here track the 10° increment back to FS9.  Seems it was easier for developers to circumvent with previous sims.  The issue with the Alpha appears to be some binding that is present when functions of the rotating switch on the right of the housing are assigned.  If you clear the assignments of that rotating switch the 10° increment disappears.  I do not find that rotary switch to be much of a function match for the aircraft I fly anyway.  Mostly prop twins.

That 10° increment is present with the Alpha,  and with a couple of other controllers, when using the mouse "wheel" to tune the HDG and CRS.  When using the left and right mouse "buttons" those can be tuned in 1° increments.  So what I do is use the mouse wheel to make large adjustments and then fine tune with the mouse buttons.  To me, please all others note "to me", this is much ado about nothing with the Alpha.

Now on to the Bravo. The tuning knobs in an analog instrument aircraft tune in 1° increments.  In an aircraft with glass panels the tuning is typically done with outer and inner knobs.  The Bravo does not have an outer and inner knob.  It has just one. Currently that knob, in MSFS using the MSFS UI, tunes in 10° increments. That even when the separate Alpha's right rotating switch is fully cleared of assignments.  I just do what I did when I just had the Alpha (before my Bravo arrived) and tune in large increments with the knob, and small increments with the mouse. Actually I tune most often with the mouse and mouse wheel as reaching the mouse pointer to the knob seems as intuitive as reaching in the cockpit. Using the mouse wheel and pointer is reaching with my right hand and fingers like I would in the cockpit.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

The CJ4 AP modes can only be controlled via mouse clicks on the virtual cockpit or HTML variables from an external program. SimConnect events don’t work, therefore FSUIPC doesn’t work to control them. The only program I know of that works for mapping these buttons to external hardware via HTML variables is Axis and Ohs. That’s how I got it working on my Bravo. More details here https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/working-title-cj4-v0-9-1-released/348072/140