Sign in to follow this  
flightproductions

No Wing Flex on Citation Longitude?

Ok so I haven't really seen anybody else complain about this so maybe it's just a nit-pick of mine, but WHY is there no wing flex on the Longitude?? It's so disappointing especially since I was so impressed by the wing physics that the airliners have. I know it doesn't flex a whole lot IRL but the plane just looks so lifeless to me. It's a shame too because I genuinely like the aircraft. Just a few degrees would be nice...

5 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

also, no cabin and no doors. 

Seriously? I didn't even realize. I hope this gets addressed, I got the Premium Deluxe just for the aircraft and so far practically every one of them has at least one issue or oversight 😕

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, flightproductions said:

Seriously? I didn't even realize. I hope this gets addressed, I got the Premium Deluxe just for the aircraft and so far practically every one of them has at least one issue or oversight 😕

Welcome to the club of disgruntled purchasers... 

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, flightproductions said:

I think that's one of the more glaring examples of the release being brought forward

They were up front, with alpha testers at least, that the release was being brought forward, but understandable to be disappointed

I know people want different things from a sim, but for me the lack of interior on the Longitude is disappointing this long after release, I assumed the cabin was on-going and at some point they'd remove the curtain

No wing flex? On such a relatively small aeroplane which isn't a sailplane with a high aspect ratio wing? The Longitude is not one of those large new airliners with flappy wings such as the Dreamliner or A350...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSE3KxltKfg

Looking at the wing view of the real thing in flight, there is hardly any flex at all. Yes, there is some, but nothing much :laugh:

• Like 2

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

You can see the wings droop ever so slightly at rest, and they flex up a little bit when there is a load on them, but it's not a massive movement. They do bounce around a bit as it flies along too, but not by a huge amount. It'd be nice if it did this in the sim, and I daresay it'll either be sorted or eclipsed by better payware add-ons, so it's not exactly top of my list of priorities given other things which could be addressed.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

yeah granted it would be nice to be at the phase when this sort of fiddling was a priority 😄

i think many of us are hungry for some decent range payware 😪

5 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

also, no cabin and no doors. 

None of the aircraft have interiors (nor did they in FSX or previous) or doors.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

19 minutes ago, andyjohnston.net said:

None of the aircraft have interiors (nor did they in FSX or previous) or doors.

What are you talking about?

The TBM and the CJ4, for example, have beautifully modeled cabins. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ricardo41 said:

What are you talking about?

The TBM and the CJ4, for example, have beautifully modeled cabins. 

Really?  I've never seen them, how do I view those interiors?

20 minutes ago, andyjohnston.net said:

Really?  I've never seen them, how do I view those interiors?

Just like you do in real life when sitting in the pilot seat. You just turn your head and look behind you. There are several keybindings to move your viewpoint around. One option is "Toggle Cockpit View Freelook (Hold)". Just hold down that key and use the mouse to turn your viewpoint.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JacquesBrel said:

Just like you do in real life when sitting in the pilot seat. You just turn your head and look behind you. There are several keybindings to move your viewpoint around. One option is "Toggle Cockpit View Freelook (Hold)". Just hold down that key and use the mouse to turn your viewpoint.

Oh okay, I thought there was a way to move so you were sitting in the cabin.

2 hours ago, andyjohnston.net said:

Oh okay, I thought there was a way to move so you were sitting in the cabin.

Yeah there isn’t unfortunately. I’ve tried, it lets you move around the cockpit but won’t let you into the cabin. Some aircraft have cabin views in showcase mode but you can’t look around.