Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

Realair and FSX

Guest Herrie

Although I appreciate the way Realair informs us about there upgrade policy, I find it very disappointing that I will have to wait another three months just to have my favourite SF260 and Scout flying in FSX. I will have to get acquainted again with FS9 during this winter.Herrie

Pretty sad your experience depends on a single aircraft. Expand your horizons and explore the other options of FSX, there's lots of fun to be had with others.Try the LIC scout for a free alternative till the RA one is up, it's a great plane.Regards, MichaelKDFW

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest Herrie

First of all I was talking about two very different planes (not even counting the Decathlon and Citabria). But I chose these planes because of their visual quality and flight model that I happened not to find in others. OK, I will try the LIC Scout, thanks for the heads up, but an alternative for the SF260 will not be there in the freeware department. Herrie

Guest erbj

Hello Herrie,Of course there will be some refinements in the upgrades when they arrive but why just sit there and wait? Both the Scout and the SF 260 in their FS9 versions work perfectly well in the FSX environment so if you have them flying in FS9 it

Hi Erik,Well, our aircraft will show up in FSX and they will fly, but here is a brief list of why we need to upgrade:Gauges not all working properly in FSX.Alpha Channels need re-vamping due to FSX's graphics.Lighting is not functioning as it did in FS9.Models are not optimised for FSX.Will not spin in FSX.Will not side slip in FSX.Rudder functions not correct in FSX.Custom scenery does not work properly in FSX.This is just a small list out of many other issues...which is why we are patiently working away. There's a note on our website about our upgrade policy.We reckon we'll have the first of our aircraft out pretty soon, and certainly quicker than three months, but we never rush things just to release.Best Wishes to all,Rob Youngwww.realairsimulations.com

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Guest dswo

1. The SF.260 was my all around favorite for FS9.2. I enjoy flying it in FSX, even in its less-than-ideal form.3. I'm glad RealAir isn't rushing.4. I appreciate the very reasonable upgrade price.

Hi. I own the SF-260 and have it in FS9 and FSX. Are you saying the 16 textures that are named RASSF260*** in the FS9 main texture folder have to be copied to each of the texture folders of the SF-260 in FSX? I noticed that the prop is black and the cockpit glass does not show in my FSX installation now. I have several texture folders for the SF-260. Thanks, regards, Bob.

>1. The SF.260 was my all around favorite for FS9.>>2. I enjoy flying it in FSX, even in its less-than-ideal>form.>>3. I'm glad RealAir isn't rushing.>>4. I appreciate the very reasonable upgrade price.Well said DSWO, given the detail and diligence of the Realair team, I`m impressed that the updated versions will be available so soon. Plus, it`ll give me time to save up for a new rig to run FSX on!CheersJames

Guest erbj

"Hi. I own the SF-260 and have it in FS9 and FSX. Are you saying the 16 textures that are named RASSF260*** in the FS9 main texture folder have to be copied to each of the texture folders of the SF-260 in FSX? I noticed that the prop is black and the cockpit glass does not show in my FSX installation now. I have several texture folders for the SF-260. Thanks, regards, Bob."Hi Bob,yes as far as I know, and from what I

Guest erbj

Hello Rob,Yes, I understand that no FS9 airplane will be perfect in the new environment, but as the SF-260 and the Scout still fly so well I thought it

>Gauges not all working properly in FSX.>Alpha Channels need re-vamping due to FSX's graphics.>Lighting is not functioning as it did in FS9.>Models are not optimised for FSX.>Will not spin in FSX.>Will not side slip in FSX.>Rudder functions not correct in FSX.>Custom scenery does not work properly in FSX.>>This is just a small list out of many other issues...which is>why we are patiently working away. There's a note on our>website about our upgrade policy.>>>Rob Young>>www.realairsimulations.comHi Rob, I have all my Realair aircraft imported to FSX and noticed the problems you mention, except these related to the flight models. I did some tests, but I cant see any difference between FS9 and FSX stalls and spins, this not only for Real air models but also from other makers. Maybe I don't test the flight models properly, but I am curious... :) Can you please describe exactly what is different and how I can see the differences myself? Thaks in advance,Best regards,Korber

Hi Erik. Thanks. I added them to one texture folder and the prop image is fixed. I still don't get any cockpit glass though. I'll add them to all of the texture folders now. Best regards, Bob.