Sign in to follow this  
Swolski

Video downloads

Hi

Ben,

When will it be possible to download the videos for offline use?

Søren Rasmussen

CPU: Intel i9-9900K @ 5Ghz | GPU: ASUS GeForce RTX 3080 ti 11Gb| MoBo: ASUS | OS: Win10 Pro 64bit ver. 1709 | RAM: 32GB 4 x 8GB Corsair | HD:  1 Samsung SSD 840 Pro 500GB, 1 Samsung SSD 850 Pro 500GB, 1 Seagate 2TB SATA | Monitor: 1 BenQ 24" | Resolution: 1920x1080x32, Maximized Window Mode | Sims: P3Dv4.4 Professional, FSX SP2 | Other Add-Ons: FSUIPC v5, FSL A320x, PMDG 737, PMDG 744 QUOTSII, PMDG 777, Navigraph NavData & charts

49 minutes ago, Swolski said:

Hi

Ben,

When will it be possible to download the videos for offline use?

Hi, give us a bit longer to figure this out. We don’t have a very elegant or secure solution for enabling downloads currently. 

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Ben,

Hi. Recent purchaser of A320 program (4/6). I must agree with the various posters about enabling downloading of videos.  The need is especially pronounced given that you have limited time to support the site directly and that makes customers feel a little nervous. I can certainly understand your security concerns and that you want to work that out.  Frankly, no solution is perfect, but why not start with a simple watermark?  

In the interim, perhaps you could at least tweak the viewing options through the site.  The way the video window work now is terrible.  It's either a very small window or full screen (at least as far as I can tell).  Could we at least have options on video player sizes.  I see you're using Vimeo -- I'm guessing they have such an option.

Thank you.

Hi

I see there is only one post regarding the downloads issue; just like to mention  I'm with you on this; sure there must be many many users who would be happy for downloads to resume.
Before I wiped my PC did not save the already downloaded parts for the B777, so the downloading did work back a few years ago. What with size of drives now I could accommodate all the files.
But now its via the link including my paid for A320 training. Thankfully managed to keep the Q400 stuff.....

Do not get me wrong ; if Airline2Sim are reading this...your videos are unique and world class!!!!; just would be nice after paying for the privilege you can watch cleanly on demand without restraints speed of link etc... I would then watch a lot more often and continue to but when B787 comes available....hint.

Thanks

Gusbow 

Well we are now mid June and still no downloads. This is contrary to your advert, Quote:

How do I view your content?Simply browse our training courses, pick one you want to watch and you can purchase with our seamless payment process. After that, it’s yours to download and watch in HD forever!  End quote.

Personally I am disappointed that I have purchased a product that does not meet the expectation. Perhaps Airline2sim  does not take into  consideration their customers accessibility to a fast  internet connection? As good as your training may be, it is let down by your service. Watching a video, where streaming is an issue does not suit me at all. So far I give you a thumb down for delivery.

Unless you are able to restore your download facility,  I hereby request a full refund on my purchased. 

Charles M.

Australia 

Charles

P3Dv4.4 + ORBX scenery,PMDG 737 NGX ,QOTS, MJ-DASH400-8 PRO,  i910850KA 3.65 ghz ,Gigabyte RTX 3070 oc 8Gb, RAM 32Gb, 1TB+ 500 GB SSD M2 NvMe + 2TB HD, Win 10

I'm also absolutely disappointed that the videos are unable to be directly downloaded.

As others have mentioned I will now need to try to use an external program to download the videos. 

Whats going on Ben? 

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

This seems like a repeat performance by Ben.  He had disappeared without a peep for the longest time leaving customers hanging.  He then showed up again, revamped the forum clearing out those old threads wondering where he was with no support.  Who knows if he'll do the same again if he ever shows up.

Weird thing is that he seems to still check the forums (last seen 13 minutes ago). 

On 6/15/2021 at 7:41 PM, ctalpas said:

This seems like a repeat performance by Ben.  He had disappeared without a peep for the longest time leaving customers hanging.  He then showed up again, revamped the forum clearing out those old threads wondering where he was with no support.  Who knows if he'll do the same again if he ever shows up.

Weird thing is that he still seems to be active ("Last seen 13 minutes ago" on his profile here). Surely he could just let us know he's still alive and what we can expect from this program going forward. As things stand now I'm not happy with the money I've spent on this; the previous videos were good, but the real interesting stuff to me was about winter operations. And guess what the next video was supposed to be about...

Guess I won't be buying any of his products again. There are many great youtubers (actual real life pilots) making premium content for their members these days. People who actually care about their community. Not some dude that hires pilots to make tutorials only to disappear halfway through the program leaving everyone in the dark.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 6/20/2021 at 8:32 PM, NoPizzaNoGlory said:

Guess I won't be buying any of his products again. There are many great youtubers (actual real life pilots) making premium content for their members these days. People who actually care about their community. Not some dude that hires pilots to make tutorials only to disappear halfway through the program leaving everyone in the dark.

Can agree more , Some you tubes are better, and have a better and clearer sound. Watching  2 pilots talking to each other, is not a great help and certainly not the best training method. I wish I did my due diligence and read this forum before buying this product

It's really a case of BUYER BEWARE!

Charles

P3Dv4.4 + ORBX scenery,PMDG 737 NGX ,QOTS, MJ-DASH400-8 PRO,  i910850KA 3.65 ghz ,Gigabyte RTX 3070 oc 8Gb, RAM 32Gb, 1TB+ 500 GB SSD M2 NvMe + 2TB HD, Win 10

I'm actually enjoying the content, but not finishing the series at this point is not appropriate, nor is it good business (obviously).

Here's a question for the group: Does AVSIM require vendors that provide a dedicated "support" forum to actually participate in their forum?  Seems to me AVSIM ought to insist on the company responding or ban them.

Not being able to download the videos, as promised when I made the sale, is useless to me. I am extremely disappointed. I would ask for a refund if the business owner bothered to show up and deal with his customers. 

I used to recommend airline2sim after the excellent dash-8 series.  I never will again. 

Dan

• Upvote 1

Dan Pergau - PPL-SEL

I7-10700k, RTX4070, 32gb-3200mhz | Dell U3415W | Saitek Pro Pedals & Logitech 3D Extreme | - PMDG Boeings, iFly MAX, Fenix A320, Leonardo MadDog and Majestic Q400 | P3Dv5 & MSFS

4 hours ago, dpergau said:

I used to recommend airline2sim after the excellent dash-8 series.  I never will again. 

Same. Always loved his content (still do) but with Ben disappearing all the time and abandoning stuff before things are complete I'm going to stay well away from all of his future projects. Actually filed a dispute at PayPal for the very first time in my life (and hopefully the last time too) because of this. 

Again he was online... 6 hours ago in fact.  Why no update??  

I don't understand how he can treat his customers like this.

@Airline2Sim please respond!

Dan

Edited by dpergau

Dan Pergau - PPL-SEL

I7-10700k, RTX4070, 32gb-3200mhz | Dell U3415W | Saitek Pro Pedals & Logitech 3D Extreme | - PMDG Boeings, iFly MAX, Fenix A320, Leonardo MadDog and Majestic Q400 | P3Dv5 & MSFS