Sign in to follow this  
blazer05

Duplicates

Information - I am on P3D v4.5 (with too much payware scenery) and my layers are all screwed up.  I use your Addon Organizer.

I have determined that the majority (if not all) of the duplicates are originating from two sources - one will be from scenery.cfg and the other is - users\name\documents\prepar3d v4 add-ons\scenery name.

Should I disable one of these?

Franklin Duncan

Franklin Duncan

58 minutes ago, blazer05 said:

Information - I am on P3D v4.5 (with too much payware scenery) and my layers are all screwed up.  I use your Addon Organizer.

I have determined that the majority (if not all) of the duplicates are originating from two sources - one will be from scenery.cfg and the other is - users\name\documents\prepar3d v4 add-ons\scenery name.

Should I disable one of these?

Franklin Duncan

Why do you have the scenery both in the scenery.cfg and as an addon package? It is one or the other, but not both.

LORBY-SI

I am not sure - but the addon manager lists an airport - for example one of FlyTampa's airports twice - one with a source of scenery.cfg and the other with the source of the addons.

I have converted the scenery export .html file to an excel spreadsheet.  Is there a way to send that to you so you can see what I am talking about?

Franklin Duncan

Franklin Duncan

27 minutes ago, blazer05 said:

I am not sure - but the addon manager lists an airport - for example one of FlyTampa's airports twice - one with a source of scenery.cfg and the other with the source of the addons.

I have converted the scenery export .html file to an excel spreadsheet.  Is there a way to send that to you so you can see what I am talking about?

Franklin Duncan

I think that I know what you are talking about. All I can say is, that a scenery has to be EITHER in the "scenery.cfg" OR an add-on.xml in "\documents\prepar3d v4 add-ons\", but not both at the same time. You will probably have to remove (not just disable!) one of the two references - provided that they both point to the same path on the disk. There is this button "remove duplicates", but I'm not entirely sure that it does what you need to do.

LORBY-SI

The majority appear to point to the same "path".  How do I "remove" one of the references?

Franklin Duncan

3 minutes ago, blazer05 said:

The majority appear to point to the same "path".  How do I "remove" one of the references?

Select it in the scenerylist, then press "Delete Scenery". I would probably delete the lightly colored ones = those from the scenery.cfg

OR

Remove the scenery on the P3D scenery library dialog (you can only remove scenery.cfg based stuff there)

OR

Remove them from the scenery.cfg manually

OR

Try the "Remove duplicates" button in P4AO

LORBY-SI

Thanks.

FYI - at least in my experience - the "Remove duplicates" button does produce a list of duplicates but in the process "freezes" your product.

Thanks for you help and I love your product.

Franklin Duncan

Franklin Duncan

On 1/27/2021 at 9:36 PM, blazer05 said:

FYI - at least in my experience - the "Remove duplicates" button does produce a list of duplicates but in the process "freezes" your product.

Thanks for you help and I love your product.

Unfortunately that is also my experience...

Any solutions?

Thank you!

Juergen Vollmer

Flight sim enthusiast and real life pilot

46 minutes ago, Scorpio47 said:

"Remove duplicates" button does produce a list of duplicates but in the process "freezes" your product.

Unfortunately that is also my experience...

Not for me. On my computer it works as designed. There must be some circular dependency in your scenery library.

47 minutes ago, Scorpio47 said:

Any solutions?

Not really. Only bugs that can be reproduced can be fixed, and at the moment this does not seem to want to happen to me.

LORBY-SI

Thank you for that statement and I certainly want to believe you.

My next question therefore is: how do I recognize and eliminate a "circular dependency" in my scenery library?

Perhaps you can give an example for such a dependency... ?

THANK YOU!

Cheers
Juergen

Edit:
I have just now tried again, got a much shorter list of duplicates, and all were automatically taken care of.
THANK YOUR FOR YOUR EXTRAORDINARY TOOL!

Edited by Scorpio47

Juergen Vollmer

Flight sim enthusiast and real life pilot