Sign in to follow this  
happyfeet2011

Minor issues with (mis)understandings

Hi all, hi FS2Crew,

first, I am happy to have a virtual FO on board. Sometimes he/she make weird things.

1. On multiple legs when starting engines again, sometimes one engine generator will not be connected. No problem after that, when doing it manually.

2. "Gear down" does not work from the second leg on. Doing it manually (and of course setting start switched to CONT) will do no harm for the following flows and flights.

3. When approaching TL, the FO resets the altimeter. That is completely not what I want him to do, because it is set wrong most of the time!! For example, when cleared to an altitude, I set the QNH accordingly. When passing the TL (I think the FO reads it from FMC) the FO resets the altimeter from 30.13 to 29.97 for example. I don't know what QNH he's taking into account, but I don't want him to do that at all! Is there a way to disable that?

4. The command "off" is not good to understand for my FO. Most of the time it will be "alt off", so I use "set and checked", whenever the answer must be "off".

5. Landing checklist respnse to landing flaps "Flaps 30, green light" results in a weird behaviour of setting an enormous high speed on the MCP. The answer "set and checked" will not trigger "Cleared|Landing" however, so you need to do it manually with the arrow key.

6. On icy conditions, when Flaps15 are set after landing, you need to say "Flaps up" on the shutdown checklist, because he did not recognize Flaps 15.

7. What triggers "500ft, stable"? Sometimes the FO is wrong here.. ;)

(8.) Would be nice, if the command "clear on the approach" would trigger the FO to say "Checked" ;)

(9.) Would be nice to command the FO to set "autobrake 1" or "autobrake off" after landing (as TUI does for example..)

Version 1.8, using SOP1 with voice.

Thanks and greetings from Germany

happyfeet2011

For most of that stuff, make sure you're completing the flight in full.

It looks like you're missing some of the 'reset' trigger points.

3. Not possible... maybe I can add the option in an update.

4. Delete your voice profile and run the voice training again.

5. This is one is dicey.  I would just use "set and checked" if the flaps are still down.  Or you could just raise the flaps manually when at the stand. 

7. The call is based on a number variables we read out of the sim.

Cheers,

Edited by byork