Sign in to follow this  
Cloudpiercing

Micro stutter virtually gone by getting a new monitor

Everyone buying a new monitor should consider a true G-Sync or a Free-Sync 2 monitor with Low Frame Rate Compensation, those make wonders in this game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

3 hours ago, Ixoye said:

Everyone buying a new monitor should consider a true G-Sync or a Free-Sync 2 monitor with Low Frame Rate Compensation, those make wonders in this game.

Which is frustrating because many of the top LG monitors have freesync 😞

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

5 hours ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Which is frustrating because many of the top LG monitors have freesync 😞

Im using a top end LG monitor and it has hardware based G-Sync with no flicker. In fact in MSFS is is amazing. Here is the model:-

https://www.tannas.co.uk/38gl950g-37-5in-ips-uwqhd-curve-gsync--1

On 1/28/2021 at 9:11 PM, Cloudpiercing said:

The old computer will have a second life with my granddaughter so she can color unicorns or whatever kids are doing nowadays.

But... but... what are you going to do when you want to colour-in unicorns? 🤯

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

2 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Im using a top end LG monitor and it has hardware based G-Sync with no flicker. In fact in MSFS is is amazing. Here is the model:-

Are you happy with your monitor, does it suffer from any IPS glow?

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

42 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

Are you happy with your monitor, does it suffer from any IPS glow?

Best monitor I’ve ever had. The HDR mode is a bit crappy, but I am Not that keen on HDR for gaming anyways. I’ve got it calibrated properly, with a proper file. It’s absolutely brilliant. The extra vertical pixels make a world of difference on the ultrawide too, 3840x1600. Massive difference, can’t stress it enough. 

• Like 2

I have a 3 year old 34" Acer Predator X34A 3440x1440p 100 Hz with G-Sync. It's really great with MSFS. No jitter, no stutter, just smooth. V-Sync and Limit off in settings, G-Sync on in Nvidia Control Panel. 

• Like 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

On 1/28/2021 at 4:11 PM, Cloudpiercing said:

I7 8700k / 1080 Ti

I imagine she could make some masterpiece unicorn pictures with that combo.

What are the specs on your new pc arriving soon

Edited by Brandon01110

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

@Republic3D  I see you have a 5900x, What did you have before that and how is it working out for you.  The 5900x is the processor i'm looking to upgrade to.

• Like 1

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

I recently upgraded and now use mini displayport on a freesync 1440p monitor. No microstutters on a modest setup.

6 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Had been looking at that but the 34" is 1/2 the price. The Viotek 49" is also same price for much more real estate. Decisions! 🙂

• Like 1

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

2 hours ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Had been looking at that but the 34" is 1/2 the price. The Viotek 49" is also same price for much more real estate. Decisions!

There's the Dell Alienware AW3821DW as well - that's similar to the LG in specs at 3840*1600, HDR 600 and G-Sync ultimate. I got one a couple of weeks ago on the Dell website when it had a 20% discount and I was able to get a further 10% by using my work email as they do business with Dell. Got it in the end for a bit under €1300. Loving it so far - good picture, very little IPS glow, no fan noise from G-Sync. Like Ian I think the extra vertical space with the 1600 is great for simming widescreen.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Tektolnes said:

There's the Dell Alienware AW3821DW as well - that's similar to the LG in specs at 3840*1600, HDR 600 and G-Sync ultimate. I got one a couple of weeks ago on the Dell website when it had a 20% discount and I was able to get a further 10% by using my work email as they do business with Dell. Got it in the end for a bit under €1300. Loving it so far - good picture, very little IPS glow, no fan noise from G-Sync. Like Ian I think the extra vertical space with the 1600 is great for simming widescreen.

This monitor is one I would now choose over mine, I’ve seen it in Action and it’s good. Wasn’t available when I got my LG. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Chock said:

But... but... what are you going to do when you want to colour-in unicorns? 🤯

Hehe, then she can teach me how to do colour-in unicorns. Who know, I'll mayby find myself a new hobby. You should not to be shy to try new things, as my wife told me when she kissed me.

Come here you big, beautiful cup of coffee and lie to me about how much we’re going to get done today.

6 minutes ago, Cloudpiercing said:

Hehe, then she can teach me how to do colour-in unicorns. Who know, I'll mayby find myself a new hobby. You should not to be shy to try new things, as my wife told me when she kissed me.

The flight model will be the biggest issue. Unicorn flight is not based in conventional aerodynamics.  If anything a unicorn FM would be closer to rotary wing than something like a Cessna.

• Like 1