Sign in to follow this  
jwatt0275

MCE not recognising my voice suddenly

Hi

Previously MCE recognised my voice for some reason it has stopped working, I have not updated and sound drivers, just my bios. I know my microphone works with the training and cortana. but soon as I say "select speed two for zero"  no output, all the speech training worked hearing me.

Audio output

Headphones (realtek(r)R audio)

input 

jack mic (realtek)

I use a turtle beach headset for my headphones and mic, 

not sure what has gone wrong

AMD Ryzen 9 3950X

Regards

J

Edited by jwatt0275

6 hours ago, jwatt0275 said:

Hi

Previously MCE recognised my voice for some reason it has stopped working, I have not updated and sound drivers, just my bios. I know my microphone works with the training and cortana. but soon as I say "select speed two for zero"  no output, all the speech training worked hearing me.

Audio output

Headphones (realtek(r)R audio)

input 

jack mic (realtek)

I use a turtle beach headset for my headphones and mic, 

not sure what has gone wrong

AMD Ryzen 9 3950X

Regards

J

Since you're using a conventional headset with jacks, please plug it to the back of the PC.

You can go one step further.

Go to Windows Control Panel, add remove programs and un-install Realtek hi definition audio drivers.

Restart PCE and Windows will detect audio device and use its own digitally signed drivers that work better for speech reco. Realtek only seems to care about audio in games.

Thanks I went to the add or remove programmes there was no realtek hi def to remove, My headset is a single jack but have a double extension. I did what you suggested plugged it in the back with all different variations with no success...not sure where to go next.

Especially when it worked previous..i also did a system restore

Thanks

J

5 hours ago, jwatt0275 said:

Thanks I went to the add or remove programmes there was no realtek hi def to remove, My headset is a single jack but have a double extension. I did what you suggested plugged it in the back with all different variations with no success...not sure where to go next.

Especially when it worked previous..i also did a system restore

Thanks

J

Windows 10 has a privacy feature whereby you can elect to not allow an app to use microphone. Maybe you disabled that by accident and MCE no longer allowed to use it.

Go to "Privacy settings" and ensure it is.

Barring that, remove the extension cable, as you never know when hardware decides to quit. All it takes is an accidental trip on those wires to break the fragile soldering, Happened on my headsets a few times over the years (lost mike connection). And it's one more reason not to splash out on expensive headsets.

Edited by FS++
typo

Hi,

Still not getting Multi crew to hear my voice..My Turtlr beach elit pro is plugged in the back of my computer, with a splitter jack one plugged in pink for mic.the other plugged in the green for output. So went to device manager uninstalled the device restarted it so drivers be downloaded automatically. 

Privacy settings

Allow desktop apps to access your microphone MCE main application is there.

Go to MCE setup.

Audio out speakers (realtek audio) normal drivers

Audio in jack Mic (realtek audio)

Heard MCE say my name

Start voice training no problems there.

Sapi settings english US set

When i get to last stage speak heading one fifty...no responce

My mic does work as it cortana reponds

Cheers

1 hour ago, jwatt0275 said:

Hi,

Still not getting Multi crew to hear my voice..My Turtlr beach elit pro is plugged in the back of my computer, with a splitter jack one plugged in pink for mic.the other plugged in the green for output. So went to device manager uninstalled the device restarted it so drivers be downloaded automatically. 

Privacy settings

Allow desktop apps to access your microphone MCE main application is there.

Go to MCE setup.

Audio out speakers (realtek audio) normal drivers

Audio in jack Mic (realtek audio)

Heard MCE say my name

Start voice training no problems there.

Sapi settings english US set

When i get to last stage speak heading one fifty...no responce

My mic does work as it cortana reponds

Cheers

Go to <About> tab in MCE user interface and chec which devices are listed under "Sound In" and "Sound Out".

Eventually, click Windows Stat->Multi Crew Experience->Assign sound device.

If the tool runs it's likely you have multiple multimedia devices.

Ensure you set the correct audio In (Realtek Mic rear).

Try shutting down Cortana.

Edited by FS++

Really appreciate the support, prior to your message decided to do a clean install on my computer....may take over 12 hours by the time clean reinstall of pc and install MSFS. I know its extreme...we will see how it goes . Soon as I get a clean install of MSFS I will download MCE. 

Well thanks for all the support, clean install pc everything seems to be working now...what I will do will kerp an eye on what I have installed to see if it effects it.

Cheers

J