Sign in to follow this  
NM5K

Pressure (altimeter)

HiWhen the Pressure changes as you climb with the default B737 you supposed to press "B" and the altimeter pressure should change automatically. I have noticed though that when the controller calls the pressure (in Radar Contact) even when I press "B" it always goes to 29.92 although the pressure is different. What cause this any ideas?Stelios

Stelios Christofides

Yep, it sets to 29.92 at 18,000 or above. This is alsothe altitude that you change to "flight level" as far asreferring to the altitude you are at. IE: you might refer to 17,500 ft as 17,500 feet..But you would refer to 18,000 ft as "flight level 18.0".You always set to 29.92 as you climb through FL 18.0.And the reverse when descending through 18.0..You resetback to the local pressure. If you are much below 18kand get 29.92 when you hit "b", that means the local pressure is also 29.92.. It happens sometimes..BTW, the "b" key operates the same on any aircraft. Even add ons..MK

Stelios,I notice you've posted this question in the FSX Forum as well as the Radar Contact one. No problem with that except RC4.3 (for FSX) hasn't been released yet. Are you a beta tester for 4.3 or did you inadvertently post in the wrong FS Forum?Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather