Sign in to follow this  
loop_n_roll

Approach changes when loaded to MSFS

After creating an ILS approach to KBKL Rwy 24R the approach changes when loaded to MSFS. I've chosen the direct approach in LNM; however, when loaded to MSFS a STAR gets loaded into the flight plan and the routing changes to accommodate the inserted transition and approach. What's happening; have I something configured wrong?

AMD 3800X, Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT, AS Rock X570 Phantom Gaming 4, 32mb 3600 ram

30 minutes ago, loop_n_roll said:

After creating an ILS approach to KBKL Rwy 24R the approach changes when loaded to MSFS. I've chosen the direct approach in LNM; however, when loaded to MSFS a STAR gets loaded into the flight plan and the routing changes to accommodate the inserted transition and approach. What's happening; have I something configured wrong?

No. In MSFS at Burke Lakefront you only get CHARDON or ZAMDO as IAF's.  SICID should also be a selection but it is not in the sim.  This is a sim-wide issue with instrument approaches.  It may have something to do with the issue that the MSFS GPSs cannot support a hold in an approach.  With the GNS equipped MSFS aircraft models and the d-pms50-gns530-master mod available on github I have been able to perform a [D] to a different approach fix after loading such an approach, but attempting to do so in a G1000 equipped model, even with the WT G1000 mod, vanquishes the rest of the flight plan. 

Edited by fppilot
  • Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Thank you for taking time to reply. Since I'm using only MSFS scenery and have instructed LNM to ignore Navigraph I expected LNM to use the procedures from MSFS. Did I miss something?

1 hour ago, loop_n_roll said:

Thank you for taking time to reply. Since I'm using only MSFS scenery and have instructed LNM to ignore Navigraph I expected LNM to use the procedures from MSFS. Did I miss something?

Don't know.  Please spell out what you mean by direct approach.  What series of waypoints are you expecting?  What I described above is strictly MSFS with no influence from LNM.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I'm probably not explaining this very well but I'll try. LNM offers the option of ignoring Navigraph entries and (since i've selected MSFS as the scenery source I expected LNM to reflect only the terminal procedures in MSFS. It seems my expectations were wrong. Also, I admit I may not have enough knowledge to understand your knowledgeable reply. Thanks for trying.

21 hours ago, loop_n_roll said:

have instructed LNM to ignore Navigraph I expected LNM to use the procedures from MSFS.

Not so good choice. LNM cannot read all scenery data for now. See in the appendix of the user manual on MSFS limitations.

SID and STAR are not implemented yet (lacking format documentation until recently). These will come with a future update.

Many other elements will never show up due to limits in BGL format. There is no TACAN, no airway upper alititude limits and no one-way airways. Let alone that the whole airway structure is the same mess as it is in FSX and cannot be read to reflect the real airway system.

If you have a Navigraph subscription: Update LNM and MSFS to get them on the same AIRAC cycle. Then select "Use Navigraph for Navaids and Procedures" in LNM. This gives the best results.

Read here about the Navdata: https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/2.6/en/NAVDATA.html

Cannot do much about this all this mess.🤷‍♂️

Alex