Sign in to follow this  
Guest neilb

funny dc8 vid

hahaha! he sounds drunk...my new hero!look at his teeth.EDIT: After further review...this guy is definitly stoned!

---Brian Bash---
398 HR MEL PPL and climbing!

hehe yeah, quite contrast to my flight deck dvds. But I guess this guy was working for some unheard of cargo carrier. I think in that clip he flew for Arrow Cargo.

no worries, someone posted it on a jetcareers forum, so I thought I would share it with the flightsim community.

Good morning. From watching this video. I personally think either the pilot was playing it up, or he really talks this way. During finals he was a different person. If he was hammered I don't think he could have flown a visual approach like that and landed center line. I can't explain the sink rate and GS warning he got though. It sure was funny to watch. Made my entire morning. Thanks for posting this.

Good find! Two things I really like in it. 1. The pilot is wearing racing gloves and 2. Even he got that annoying voice of 'Sink-rate, Sink-rate' right at landing! A true "Freightdawg"

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Even he got that annoying voice of 'Sink-rate, Sink-rate' right at landing! A true "Freightdawg"Is this that common? I know commercial pilots get GS warnings now and then from a couple of 737 videos I have seen.

>Even he got that annoying voice of 'Sink-rate, Sink-rate'>right at landing! A true "Freightdawg">>Is this that common? I know commercial pilots get GS warnings>now and then from a couple of 737 videos I have seen.Copied and pasted from another forum...."As far as the "Captain Caneman DC8" video..NO FARs were broken. One guys says its not MIA. True, the video is two different trips. The landing was on a short 6000' runway in Europe after a 10 our flight. Its not a hard landing for a DC8, and the GPWS went off because I HAD TO plant it on the numbers for a short field landing."

Thanks for that info. The crew sure does look like they have been together for sometime. I know this was not the most informative video out there, but man it was the most amusing I've seen in a long time.

>>Even he got that annoying voice of 'Sink-rate, Sink-rate'>>right at landing! A true "Freightdawg">>>>Is this that common? I know commercial pilots get GS>warnings>>now and then from a couple of 737 videos I have seen.>>Copied and pasted from another forum....>>"As far as the "Captain Caneman DC8" video..NO FARs were>broken. One guys says its not MIA. True, the video is two>different trips. The landing was on a short 6000' runway in>Europe after a 10 our flight. Its not a hard landing for a>DC8, and the GPWS went off because I HAD TO plant it on the>numbers for a short field landing." I think on the older classic aircraft such as 707, 727 and dc8 it's not unsual to get a few warnings from the GPWS/GS. Do you know what forum that is? How does that person know he was flying in Europe? Do you know if he's still a propilot? From what I read on Caneman's website he's just doing comedy videos for a living now?

>I think on the older classic aircraft such as 707, 727 and dc8>it's not unsual to get a few warnings from the GPWS/GS. Do you>know what forum that is? How does that person know he was>flying in Europe? Do you know if he's still a propilot? From>what I read on Caneman's website he's just doing comedy videos>for a living now? http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=72697&page=3see 2nd & 3rd pages. Caneman goes by DC8Jetdog73

False GPWS warnings are fairly common I think. For instance if there is rising terrain under the approach track. In this situation the radio-altimeter shows an increased ROD (versus the rising ground) and calls "Sink-rate".CheersJames