Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Simple to use, low perf impact traffic addon for P3D?

3 hours ago, B777ER said:

Can someone post a step by step guide to get AIG setup to use with vPilot. For some reason I find the instructions that come with the AIG OCI very confusing. I have zero need for offline traffic. Thank you 

Me too.  I have UTlive.  I would love to try AIG, but when I tried to set it up, it appeared very confusing to me as well.

Does UTL or AIG have general aviation traffic?

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

56 minutes ago, spilok said:

Me too.  I have UTlive.  I would love to try AIG, but when I tried to set it up, it appeared very confusing to me as well.

I appears a bit confusing at the beginning but it is actually straight forward. Simply try it Stan. Once you have downloaded your first flight plan and all corresponding a/c models which is more or less automatically, you will find it very easy. I started with some big carriers like Delta, United, British Airways, Lufthansa and some more. Downloading takes a while because many models have to be installed. You may also need to activate some logins of model and/or livery providers. But this is only at the beginning because AIGAIM remembers those sites and logins if you have activated automatic logins in your browser.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Hi have you tried this tutorial.

• Like 1

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

9 minutes ago, IAhawkeyeDDS said:

Does UTL or AIG have general aviation traffic?

AIGs OCI is currently getting a lot of GA traffic added (mostly Bizjets)

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Hey I was quoted! LOL

Since MSFS isn't what I wanted it to be, I decided to go back to P3D. I chose not to go with UTL as I was disappointed how it has been handled. Trying AIG's One Click Installer, I find it amazingly easy to use. The way I use it, no hunting 5 sites for the model and being forced to make an account on some sites. I use AI Manager that has a list of over 1000 airlines. You click the airline you want to install and that's it. (Even when missing a model, the AI Manager will open the location automatically and you have to click to download the model. This does not happen often!)

Until another interesting AI program comes out, try AIG. Any sim will get bogged down with 100% AI on, so use reasonable settings. Last part: Its free and gets updates. Try it out.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

1 minute ago, Kaiii3 said:

AIGs OCI is currently getting a lot of GA traffic added (mostly Bizjets)

K.   I just installed the NetJets package... it seemed like it was big (took awhile to DL/install).

currently I use UTL2BETA for airlines... I use AIG for all the Cargo packages and some other random stuff (ie NetJets)... then I leave the default on to supply some GA traffic.   Some day will probably just switch to one traffic input but right now things work pretty good.  When I get to a major hub though I have to turn down the UTL2BETA % as things can get a little choppy.

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

5 hours ago, Nemo said:

I appears a bit confusing at the beginning but it is actually straight forward. Simply try it Stan. Once you have downloaded your first flight plan and all corresponding a/c models which is more or less automatically, you will find it very easy. I started with some big carriers like Delta, United, British Airways, Lufthansa and some more. Downloading takes a while because many models have to be installed. You may also need to activate some logins of model and/or livery providers. But this is only at the beginning because AIGAIM remembers those sites and logins if you have activated automatic logins in your browser.

If using for just online traffic, why would you have to download a flightplan? Geez, most just want the models and liveries.

Eric 

2 hours ago, B777ER said:

If using for just online traffic, why would you have to download a flightplan? Geez, most just want the models and liveries.

Because while it does work for it, it wasn't really meant for online traffic. Those that do want it for model matching also aren't the majority.

Edited by Dave_YVR

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

1 hour ago, Dave_YVR said:

Because while it does work for it, it wasn't really meant for online traffic. Those that do want it for model matching also aren't the majority.

Literally did not understand anything you just typed.

Eric 

20 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I use UTLive V2 ... it's very easy to use/install, but the models are low poly but also low impact on FPS. 

Cheers, Rob.

Rob or others who use UTLive, briefly, once it is installed and presumably configured w/ whatever you're after, do you have to run the app in realtime along w/ P3D?  I'm guessing it runs along versus just installs new traffic in then you don't need to run the app again unless you want to change something, yes?

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

4 minutes ago, Noel said:

Rob or others who use UTLive, briefly, once it is installed and presumably configured w/ whatever you're after, do you have to run the app in realtime along w/ P3D?  I'm guessing it runs along versus just installs new traffic in then you don't need to run the app again unless you want to change something, yes?

The UTL configuration program does not run with the sim.  That said, UTL does have a program component that runs with the sim...it is loaded via an exe.xml file entry made by the installer.  UTL actively injects and moves AI around outside the organic traffic engine in P3D.  AIG, in contrast, creates traffic bgl files that are run within P3D's traffic engine.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

11 hours ago, B777ER said:

Every ai traffic follows a "plan". Either be it MyTrafficX, UT(L), Traffic Global,ORBX FTX Traffic, AIG ... they may be more or less accurate but there must be a plan. Many traffic add-ons were using .bgl traffic plans which were saved in scenery/world/scenery.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

My vote goes with AIGAIM. A wonderful tool for setting up your ai. Recommend using their AI Traffic Controller program also 👍

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/