Sign in to follow this  
FilbertFlies

REVIEW: UK2000 Glasgow

Thanks for another good review, it is a shame UK2000 appear's to have skimped on the detail of this offering, especially as you mention the price point is high for the standard of quality diplayed. I really wish a lot of these devs would make sure the ILS systems were working as they should prior to sale. So many of them just seem quick to dump them out there, without these important features missing. especially as they are charging a premium for their work.

• Upvote 3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

I would call that good freeware at best and even that’s pushing it as there’s freeware out there with working ILS and jetways. 

Save your money and don’t purchase this. Thanks for the review Filbert!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This seems to be UK2000's worst payware airport definitely below their usual standard. Unless this gets a very major update, I'll give this a miss.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

yer I think I will pass even if it's £9 for me.

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Just now, Nyxx said:

yer I think I will pass even if it's £9 for me.

I think mrfilbert was just being nice. I agree £9 would be overpriced.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

I recently bought UK2000 Bristol and was a little underwhelmed.  I suspect they are making money out of basic offerings so that they can ask for more when they sell their 'extreme' versions later in the year.  Bristol Extreme for FSX was much better.  Bristol scenery also removes Bristol Approach and you get Filton Approach (which has not existed for a few years) when you leave the tower frequency.  The FSX version also wiped out Bristol Approach.

UK2000 are going to need to get their act together before ORBX do the job for them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

1 hour ago, eaim said:

This seems to be UK2000's worst payware airport definitely below their usual standard.

It's between this and Luton. The building textures used on much of Luton are worse than the ones used here. But Luton's ground textures are definitely better. Neither is worth anywhere near the asking price, sadly.

spacer.png
filbertflies.comYouTube | Twitch

i7 13700k, GeForce RTX 3080Ti, 32GB RAM

28 minutes ago, cianpars said:

I recently bought UK2000 Bristol and was a little underwhelmed.  I suspect they are making money out of basic offerings so that they can ask for more when they sell their 'extreme' versions later in the year.  Bristol Extreme for FSX was much better. 

I honestly don't think they have it in them to do better. I think the Extreme range is finished. I did have Bristol Extreme for FSX and it was a good scenery by FSX standards, but it wasn't a good scenery by FS2020 standards. My view is that they should accept that their products are simply not worth what they're asking and lower their prices. My gut feeling is that they'd sell more and make more profit if they did.

1 hour ago, eaim said:

I think mrfilbert was just being nice. I agree £9 would be overpriced.

Haha, I wasn't! There are things that I like about this airport, and I do think £9 would be a fair price for it. Yep, it's not as good as FSDT's Zurich, which is the first product that springs to mind that costs around that amount, but I've always thought they should've charged a bit more for that.

• Like 2

spacer.png
filbertflies.comYouTube | Twitch

i7 13700k, GeForce RTX 3080Ti, 32GB RAM

I have their Bristol which I like. It does have some frame rate issues though. 

The weird thing about the most common objections is that many of them would be cured with a fairly rapid going over. All the really hard work's been done and done well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, superspud said:

I have their Bristol which I like. It does have some frame rate issues though. 

The weird thing about the most common objections is that many of them would be cured with a fairly rapid going over. All the really hard work's been done and done well. 

I'm not saying I don't like it, because I do.  I just think that the price is too high for the quality of the work.  I really expected it to be an imorovement on the FSX version.

As for frame rates, I don't have any issues at all.  I'm getting over 40 fps at EGGD on ultra settings though I have a fairly decent system.

BTW, I have downloaded a number of your sceneries and am enjoying using them, so thank you for your contribution to our enjoyment.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

What a shame. UK2000 was good at producing more than respectable UK airports at a sensible price for FS9 and FSX. This looks to be a half-baked attempt by comparison. I was looking forward to the review but there were far too many "Unfortunatelys" "buts" and "howevers", especially for a near £20 airport. 

Still waiting for the surely inevitable EGPH (Edinburgh) from Orbx and until then I sadly won't be buying this UK2000 example to enhance Scotland.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Thanks again as always for the informative and well constructed review.  I picked up their other 3 for MSFS at the Christmas sale as the regular pricing is indeed a problem.  I thought getting this one would be a no brainer but at the current conversion rate it would be AUD $29.35. Even upon release prior to watching this review at which stage my expectations were more positive I found myself still reacting with 'hmm too much'.
Their pricing is more than top orbx or Aerosoft published airports and as it stands those publishers have so far set a quality standard which is undeniably a few steps above UK2000.
I noticed Yesterday that UK2000 is now on the marketplace selling Bristol for AUD $22.45 although buying directly would still come to AUD $29.35. If they bring their other airports to the marketplace for $22.45 and knock up a few more bucks during the next sale to drop it below $20 I would pick it up.  Bottom line their airports are good but not good value for money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spacedyemeerkat said:

I think time has sadly passed by Gary by. And it is genuinely sad. But time and tide waits for no man.

It does look that way, and I too take no pleasure in saying that. There are so many people doing good things for free (or donation) that payware devs really have to raise their game. If they won't, or can't justify the time and effort, they will fall by the wayside sooner or later. Considering what is achievable, it surely would be possible to improve the Glasgow release but perhaps Gary has other priorities, I really wouldn't know.

• Like 2

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)