Sign in to follow this  
Holger

Slewing

It appears that slew mode works almost the same as in FS9, except the A key does not lower the view. How do you lower it in FSX?

Here are the rest,Slew CommandsAction CommandEnable or disable Slew mode YSet heading north and attitude straight-and-level CTRL+SPACEBARSwitch between coordinates and frame rate SHIFT+ZMove forward Num Pad 8Move backward Num Pad 2Move left Num Pad 4Move right Num Pad 6Freeze movement Num Pad 5Move up slowly Q or F3Move up quickly F4Move down slowly AMove down quickly F1Rotate left Num Pad 1Rotate right Num Pad 3Freeze rotation Num Pad 5Move nose up slowly 9Move nose up quickly F5Move nose down slowly F7Move nose down quickly F8Bank left Num Pad 7Bank right Num Pad 9Pan view up SHIFT+BACKSPACEPan view down SHIFT+ENTERPan view left CTRL+SHIFT+BACKSPACEPan view right CTRL+SHIFT+ENTERNote: Be sure Num Lock is turned off for all numeric keypad commands.

Hi all,I have a related question: how can I speed up slewing speed when using the joystick? The default speed is, um, glacial. In FS9 we could alter slewing speed in the cfg file, as in:{SLEW}MaxLateralRate=40000.000000MaxVerticalRate=1000.000000MaxPitchRate=360.000000MaxBankRate=360.000000MaxHeadingRate=360.000000I tried inserting those lines into the FSX.cfg but they don't have an effect.The controls mapping now seems to be in a separate file, C:Documents and Settings{User Name}Application DataMicrosoftFSXControlsStandard.XML but I can't think of a way to add those parameters to the XML file.Any ideas?Cheers, Holger