Sign in to follow this  
Mace

Anyone know of some FSX/FS9 add-on developer forums?

Well, there are several located right here on AVSIM (one level up from this forum) including:MS FSX SimConnect - discusses the new SimConnect APIMS FSX Missions - discusses the new missions systemMSFS Aircraft and Panel design - discusses aircraft and panelsMSFS Scenery design - discusses scenery designThe Paint Shop - discusses repainting aircraftThere's also http://www.fsdeveloper.com/ which has forums on various aspects of designing for Flight Sim.And if you have the Deluxe version of FSX, you can go download the update to the SDK at http://www.fsinsider.com/Community/Developers-Corner which includes things like updated header files, updated docs, additional samples, etc.Tim

>I want to gain a better understanding of the SDK.www.fsdeveloper.com

i9-12900K | Asus ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming | RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR5 | Win 10 Pro | Acer Predator UltraWide 3440x1440 (G-Sync)

>>I want to gain a better understanding of the SDK.>>www.fsdeveloper.com>FSDeveloper's focus is on SimConnect. If you're working gauges and panels, it's not nearly as useful as the local AVSIM forum for gauge and panel development.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

>>>I want to gain a better understanding of the SDK.>>>>www.fsdeveloper.com>>>>FSDeveloper's focus is on SimConnect. If you're working>gauges and panels, it's not nearly as useful as the local>AVSIM forum for gauge and panel development.That's really not accurate. I like having people in my forums and using AVSIM to the max, but FSDeveloper started off as a scenery design site, and covers all aspects of creating things for FS. That's why their Scenery forum has 2,600 threads and their SimConnect forum has 37.

>>FSDeveloper's focus is on SimConnect. If you're working>gauges and panels, it's not nearly as useful as the local>AVSIM forum for gauge and panel development.I feel like FSDeveloper's focus is more on actual scenery design than it is SimConnect, but that's just me. It's a pretty all-encompassing site...RhettAMD 3700+ (@2530 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB