Sign in to follow this  
BobP

Thinking of buying MyTraffic X...are aircraft parts animated?

Guest nigel28

I read somewhere that the wheels dont move, the props dont spin, and the flaps dont move. is this correct?

Guest Andrea FS

It is nothing else than an old FS 2004 version with very poor quality liveries, irrealistic flying schedules and poor tools.

"I read somewhere that the wheels dont move, the props dont spin, and the flaps dont move. is this correct?"NO... I find it works very well, I see animations, proper lighting, etc on my system and they are easier on frame rates than the default FSX AI traffic. Quite happy with it myself.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest baksteen33

>>It is nothing else than an old FS 2004 version with very poor quality liveries, irrealistic flying schedules and poor tools.<< Hi Andrea, Well, MyTrafficX is the only AI-addon package which uses the FSX TrafficDataBaseBuilder. How much FS2004 is that? :-) :-) The realistic or unrealistic schedules topic was raised in the MT-forum and you know the answer: Being in accordance with the FS-SDKs imposes certain limitaions. Besides, this doesn's stop the crew from looking into improvements... Finally, talking about realism, doesn't that apply to expectations as well? ;-) Kind regards Jaap

I own MY traffic X and if works ok. It is a compromise trading AI aircraft quality for performance. You simply cannot have both with the current FSX version. Or at least I cannot. And I don't really care about real world airline schedules. I just don't want my airports to look like they were evacuated. :) I keep the sliders low and get enough AI traffic to add some realism. Nothing like UT in FS9, but FSX is NOT FS9. AI Quality FSX FPSBlurriesPick two. :)Bob...