Sign in to follow this  
Alitalia

Select a Start Position for Departure

Hi!

I have a question : when i select a gate to start position, then in FS2020 i have always the start position in the runway...any suggestion??

Tnks in advance

This is a limitation in MSFS. It does not load and save starting positions in flight plans. Therefore these are excluded in LNM export.

Select the start position from the drop-down menu and not from the map in MSFS so that the plan is not reset.

Alex

Thanks Alex

unfortunately i need a gate start position to create a bush mission...when the mission start i can't use the drop-down menu..😥

Hi Alex,

auch ich habe mehrfach versucht, von einem Gate zu starten, auch über das Dropdown-Menu, aber es funktioniert nur die Startbahn. Wenn ich, wie du vorschlägst, das Dropdown-Menü nutze und keine Startbahn mit einem SID eingebe, komme ich trotzdem auf eine Startbahn beim Abflug. Im MSFS habe ich kein Gate mehr, wenn ich ein SID eingebe, auch diese Möglichkeit funktioniert nicht. Habe dein Handbuch gelesen, finde aber keine Lösung. Vielleicht mache ich ja auch etwas falsch. Wenn du einen Rat hast, wäre ich dir sehr dankbar.

Ansonsten ist das Programm bärenstark - Merci vielmals für deine Arbeit. Ich hoffe, ich verstoße jetzt gegen keine Regeln, weil ich einmal deutsch geschrieben habe. Ansonsten sorry for that.

Beste Grüße aus Wiesbaden

Birger

Edited by Birger Tiemann

@Birger Tiemann Hallo Birger,

sorry, ich kann da leider nichts daran ändern. Das Laden von Flugplänen in MSFS ist leider fehlerhaft. Oft werden die Pläne geändert. MSFS speichert die gates ja nicht einmal selbst in den Plänen. Du kannst versuchen mit dem Navigraph Update die Navigationsdaten in LNM und MSFS synchron zu halten um die Probleme zu minimieren.

Alex

20 hours ago, Birger Tiemann said:

I too have tried several times to take off from a gate, also using the dropdown menu, but only the runway works. If I use the dropdown menu as you suggest and do not enter a runway with a SID, I still get a runway on departure. In MSFS I no longer have a gate when I enter a SID, this option does not work either. Have read your manual but can't find a solution. Maybe I am doing something wrong. If you have any advice, I would be very grateful.

sorry, there is nothing I can do about it. The loading of flight plans in MSFS is unfortunately faulty. Often the plans are changed. MSFS does not even store the gates in the plans. You can try to keep the navigation data in LNM and MSFS in sync with the Navigraph update to minimize the problems.

Edited by albar965
English translation

Alex, 

The very latest patch for MS2020 states that gates are now stored in a flight plan. I have generated a .pln file using the inbuilt planner and yes it does store a gate BUT it looks as though they are taking the data from the dropdown list in the simulator and putting it into the pln file.  You don't get a simple 'Gate 8' but it adds other text.   <DeparturePosition>GATE 8 PARKING NONE</DeparturePosition> is an example of selecting gate 8 at EGNM (Leeds/Bradford Airport). 

I will next try the plan I generated to see if it positions the aircraft at the gate in a cold and dark state.

Perhaps you could look into this to see if a future release can include the gates.

Trevor

Regards

Trevor

Further to my post of yesterday ...

I tested my .pln with the included departure gate and it did position my aircraft in a Cold & Dark state at EGNM.

Out of interest I then edited the pln file with Notepad and made the departure
<DeparturePosition>GATE 8</DeparturePosition>  rather than include the extra 'Parking NONE' and to my surprise this also worked.  I even tried it with 'Gate 8', which is the way it is shown in LittleNavMap, and that too worked.

Regards

Trevor