Sign in to follow this  
ssair1

FSUIPC7 FOR MSFS

35 minutes ago, MA345 said:

I'm just going to tag onto this post as apparently Mr. Dowson has looked at these posts.  Where can you purchase FSUIPC 7.  And once purchased and installed/registered how do you access it from MSFS 2020.

Thanks,

Robert, MA345

Been purchasing FSUIPC from Simmarket for decades, after install/ registering, can be accessed thru the top "add-ons" menu.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

38 minutes ago, MA345 said:

I'm just going to tag onto this post as apparently Mr. Dowson has looked at these posts.  Where can you purchase FSUIPC 7.  And once purchased and installed/registered how do you access it from MSFS 2020.

Thanks,

Robert, MA345

http://www.fsuipc.com/

It's a brilliant program been using it for years, much respect to Peter and his son

• Like 2

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

6 hours ago, MA345 said:

And once purchased and installed/registered how do you access it from MSFS 2020.

https://secure.simmarket.com/john-dowson-fsuipc7-for-msfs.phtml

You start MSFS from the FSUIPC bat file.  Also gives you a nice splash screen to look at 🙂

In the sim: ALT+F opens the FSUIPC window.

Bert

I uninstalled FSUIPC from MSFS the day I got Axis&Ohs. I much prefer it, and to be able to confgure and change axis settings 'on the fly' is a godsend. :wink:

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

If it wasn't for FSUIPC I would not have a working GoFlight LGT in MSFS since day one. I'm very thankful that they decided to support MSFS.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

If you want FSUIPC to manage your controls, is there a way to disable them from MSFS, as was usually done at FSX  ?

2 hours ago, solito said:

If you want FSUIPC to manage your controls, is there a way to disable them from MSFS, as was usually done at FSX  ?

I'm not quite sure what exactly you are asking, but for example, if you want to use the FSUIPC7 yoke axes (aileron and elevator), then in MSFS you set up a new FSUIPC7 Yoke Profile that is "empty" axis-wise. That is, the new yoke profile does not have any aileron or elevator axis bindings, but may have some assignments for buttons on your yoke, e.g, the hat switch, if so desired. Same idea for a FSUIPC7 throttle profile, and a FSUIPC7 rudder/brake pedals profile.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, ark said:

I'm not quite sure what exactly you are asking, but for example, if you want to use the FSUIPC7 yoke axes (aileron and elevator), then in MSFS you set up a new FSUIPC7 Yoke Profile that is "empty" axis-wise. That is, the new yoke profile does not have any aileron or elevator axis bindings, but may have some assignments for buttons on your yoke, e.g, the hat switch, if so desired. Same idea for a FSUIPC7 throttle profile, and a FSUIPC7 rudder/brake pedals profile.

Al

Thanks Ark, that was exactly what I asked.

But, should that remaining assignments at the FSUIPC profile you mentioned, eventually collide with those set at FSUIPC, thus it become necesary to clean up all assignments and make a totally empty profile ?

20 minutes ago, solito said:

Thanks Ark, that was exactly what I asked.

But, should that remaining assignments at the FSUIPC profile you mentioned, eventually collide with those set at FSUIPC, thus it become necesary to clean up all assignments and make a totally empty profile ?

A button on a controller should only be assigned in one 'place' at one time.  If you have buttons on your yoke assigned in the MSFS Yoke profile, say to take advantage of the different MSFS camera options, then I would not assign those same buttons to any FSUIPC functions, at least not when using that particular MSFS yoke profile that has the button camera bindings.

For example, I have a MSFS yoke profile for my Fulcrum yoke. The only assignments in that profile is for the yoke hat switch -- no axis assignments and no other yoke button assignments. All other yoke buttons and the aileron and elevator axes are assigned through FSUIPC. So a button or axis is either assigned via a MSFS binding, or via FSUIPC. You can of course have different MSFS yoke profiles with different assignments and switch between the yoke profiles as desired.

BTW, from what I can tell, an axis assigned through FSUIPC unfortunately seems to bypass the MSFS axis sensitivity settings. So if you need to adjust an axis sensitivity, you have to choose between using the axis slope setting in FSUIPC, or the sensitivity settings in MSFS.

Al

Edited by ark

Do macros work yet?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

6 hours ago, micstatic said:

Do macros work yet?

Unfortunately no, not yet.

On 2/9/2022 at 4:12 PM, DJJose said:

If it wasn't for FSUIPC I would not have a working GoFlight LGT in MSFS since day one.

I have GF autopilot, VHF and VOR radio modules, LGT, TQ6 and several other GF modules all working thanks to FSUIPC, otherwise they would be amassing cobwebs!

• Like 2

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

16 hours ago, Bernard Ducret said:

Unfortunately no, not yet.

I have GF autopilot, VHF and VOR radio modules, LGT, TQ6 and several other GF modules all working thanks to FSUIPC, otherwise they would be amassing cobwebs!

I have a Goflight EFIS, do you know about how to make it work at MSFS  ?

21 minutes ago, solito said:

I have a Goflight EFIS, do you know about how to make it work at MSFS  ?

I have 17 GoFlight modules including EFIS, and I can strongly recommend using PollyPotSoftware's GIT (GoFlight Interface Tool).
It works for FSX, P3D, MSFS and XPlane.

You will be able to use GIT for simple through to complex automation for all of your GF modules.

The programming interface is easy to use, and there are a few of us here on AVSIM that have GF modules and use GIT. Im sure we would be able to make some suggestions if you are stuck with any configuration questions you may have.

There is also a forum dedicated to GIT at the PollyPot website.