Sign in to follow this  
JerryT87

Couple of questions on trial version.

I'm trying out the trial version, and don't know if this is right or not.

1) I also have Navigraph installed so I have up to date info. I set up a FP from KPHX to KLAX, and P2ATC showed an invalid waypoint, and I had to chose an older SID to get the FP to validate. Is there a way to get P2ATC to use the current data that I have via Navigraph? I didn't see anything in the guide about how to update the DB in P2ATC. Or, is this just a limitation of the trial version?

2) When flying the FP, I arrived at the TOD point in the plan, but ATC didn't have me start my descent. I had to call up and request a manual decent which I then got. Is this correct? 

Thanks. 

1) You have to use the Navigraph FMS DataManager tool to get other apps (like P2A) up to date

2) Afaik the TOD is not a 'fixed' point in time, it depends on external factors like wind etc., and I don't think once the flight plans is filed the TOD is dynamically adjusted for that. So you may very well get the ATC directions to descend later than indicated. But Dave can answer this better.

Dirk

Dirk is correct.  Assuming the TOD is not within a STAR, then you should get your descent somewhere near the TOD, but it can vary slightly due to actual GS variations, etc. 

If it's within a STAR, you should be cleared to descend via the STAR and so will not get a "start descent" at the TOD since you have been cleared to descend via the STAR.

Dave

Thanks. :smile:

I'll see if I can get the Navigraph management set up.

I'll do another flight today and see if the STAR comes into play. Would that be part of the clearance before takeoff?

No.  On departure you would not get clearance for a STAR.  That would come later in the flight, assuming you have it in your flight plan.;;;or if ATC assigns you one later....This would depend on your settings.

1 hour ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

No.  On departure you would not get clearance for a STAR.  That would come later in the flight, assuming you have it in your flight plan.;;;or if ATC assigns you one later....This would depend on your settings.

Just went from KSFO to KSEA. I requested an enroute decent when I got to the point I wanted to start down. Was pretty close to the calculated TOD in the program, and then ATC did clear me to the STAR a bit further on. Worked well.

Now I just need to figure out how to get my FMC, and the P2ATC to match. Seems like my Departures, and Arrivals don't always match up, and I have to use heading mode until they match up again.

On 2/1/2021 at 10:49 PM, JerryT87 said:

Just went from KSFO to KSEA. I requested an enroute decent when I got to the point I wanted to start down. Was pretty close to the calculated TOD in the program, and then ATC did clear me to the STAR a bit further on. Worked well.

Now I just need to figure out how to get my FMC, and the P2ATC to match. Seems like my Departures, and Arrivals don't always match up, and I have to use heading mode until they match up again.

I use the Auto Plan feature and export it to FS2020, seems to work flawlessly for me! Just set up your departure and destination and click validate, then click on Auto Plan and it will set up your route! Click Exprt and export it to FS2020! Go to FS2020 and load the flight plan and remember to change the departure point from the drop down menu or you will start on the runway! After your plane is up and running go back to Pilot2ATC and click validate and file!

i9-11900k@5.1ghz | MSI Rtx3080ti 12gb | 32gb DDR4 Ram 3600mhz | 1Tb M.2 SSD | 4K LG C1 48" TV | Asus Tuf Gaming VG27AQ 27"  | Corsair iCUE H100i  Liquid Cooler |