Sign in to follow this  
Guest PPSFA

FSX and default 737 problems

Guest PPSFA

I finally have time to mess around with FSX, and am finding what look like 'bugs' in the 737, so I am wondering if its just me, or FSX. Any of this stuff happening to anyone else? ......2D Cockpit view..not able to move the 'eyepoint' up or down in forward view.PFD: When altitude is 5 digits, only 4 showGPS: AP/FD won't track the GPS when selectedCourse selector: no way to activate it for the AP/FDUnable to dim interior / panel lightsTOGA switch doesnt workFlight controls/elevator: 73's have stabilators but in FSX, only the 'elevator' moves, (which makes for poor control authority at low speeds)

>I finally have time to mess around with FSX, and am finding>what look like 'bugs' in the 737, so I am wondering if its>just me, or FSX. >>Any of this stuff happening to anyone else? ......>>>2D Cockpit view..not able to move the 'eyepoint' up or down in>forward view.> The keystrokes for the 2D panel have been changed, along with alot of other 2D stuff, unfortunately! :( You need to use CTL-Q and CTL-Shift-Q to adjust your 2D eypoint TEMPORARILY...that is, as soon as you look in any other direct the setting reverts back to the default and you have to set it again! :( The VC panel uses the "old" FS9 adjustment keystokes and those, of course, "stick".>PFD: When altitude is 5 digits, only 4 show> I noticed that as well...most likely a poor choice of font size in the gauge. If you're comfortable un-zipping CAB files and editing XML gauge files, you could probably fix this yourself. I may do so but haven't the time at the moment. I'm not familiar or haven't noted your other examples so I'll just stop here :) Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Guest Ichinin

>2D Cockpit view..not able to move the 'eyepoint' up or down in>forward view.Actually, it DOES move up and down in altitude, not the eyepoint though.>PFD: When altitude is 5 digits, only 4 showPrimary Flight Display? If you mean the one on the image, mine does:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/162734.jpg>Course selector: no way to activate it for the AP/FDAre you sure you have explored the AP dashboard completly? Sorry, but i have only the 747 as a reference and i found that some AP buttons are not located directly near the knobs and are a bit far away (probably for safety reasons or whatever) and sometimes another thing has to be set before a function can be activated.>Unable to dim interior / panel lightsThe panel "dim" feature only have two settings; Light-On and Light-Off :)As for the rest of the features in the aircraft, your mileage may vary. Follow the checklists and see if there is something you could be missing.

Guest PPSFA

Here is a bit more detail with a screen shot...The red line shows the altitude problemGreen shows the GPS, even when it is selected the plane will not track it. The Yellow is the course, which has the same problem as the GPS, it will not track it, the plane ONLY tracks the heading window.Obviously the FD and AP are off in this screen shot, thats not the problem. When the AP/FD are selected and ON, the plane will only follow the input from the Heading window in the MCP, which has to be manually changed.I hope this makes sense !

>Here is a bit more detail with a screen shot...>>The red line shows the altitude problem>>Green shows the GPS, even when it is selected the plane will>not track it. >>The Yellow is the course, which has the same problem as the>GPS, it will not track it, the plane ONLY tracks the heading>window.>>Obviously the FD and AP are off in this screen shot, thats not>the problem. When the AP/FD are selected and ON, the plane>will only follow the input from the Heading window in the MCP,>which has to be manually changed.>>I hope this makes sense !>>>> The ALTITUDE should default to a certain altitude (I believe it is 10000) at least on the 747 when powering up on the ground. Setting it manually should of course match the MCP at any altitude. As for the GPS - the 737 does not use GPS in the manner that you are thinking. You must use HDG on the default plane. The lateral mode in real life that would be close to what you are asking is the LNAV mode but this is a default plane that does not use the FMC, so you have to go HDG. For trivia - just how would the 737 - 800's AFDS engage in GPS from a Garmin? I believe it is there for situational awareness only here.Best,Randy J. Smith<<>>

Guest PPSFA

> The ALTITUDE should default to a certain altitude (I believe>it is 10000) at least on the 747 when powering up on the>ground. Setting it manually should of course match the MCP at>any altitude.On the 73 it defaults to zero, you have to manually set it, but thats not the issue, the missing digit is if you are relying on the PFD.>> As for the GPS - the 737 does not use GPS in the manner that>you are thinking. You must use HDG on the default plane. The>lateral mode in real life that would be close to what you are>asking is the LNAV mode but this is a default plane that does>not use the FMC, so you have to go HDG. For trivia - just how>would the 737 - 800's AFDS engage in GPS from a Garmin? I>believe it is there for situational awareness only here.>According to the published info in the 'Learning Center', simply moving the 'Nav/GPS' switch to GPS should enable the GPS tracking but doesnt.None of this is earth shattering, I was just wondering if it was just on my end or whether these are bugs Aces overlooked.Thanks for the feedback, Ill try the 74 one of these days.

Here is a bit more detail with a screen shot...The red line shows the altitude problemHummmm, yep...Wonder what res you are running? I agree, seemslike an oversized font that won't fit the window, or somethingalong those lines. I've never noticed that, but I only use the VC...Green shows the GPS, even when it is selected the plane will not track it.Are you turning on the VOR/LOC button? I don't see it lit. You musthit VOR/LOC to use the GPS while in GPS mode. And yes!, this mostcertainly does work for the 737 in FSX... The Yellow is the course, which has the same problem as the GPS, it will not track it, the plane ONLY tracks the heading window.Well, are you in NAV mode, and tuned to a VOR or ILS?If not, of course, it's not going to do anything. The "course"setting is only to set the instrument itself. It does not actas a heading hold, or whatever. It only acts in conjunctionwith a VOR or ILS signal in nav mode. If in GPS mode, it's disabled.Obviously the FD and AP are off in this screen shot, thats not the problem. When the AP/FD are selected and ON, the plane will only follow the input from the Heading window in the MCP, which has to be manually changed.Of course, you haven't told it to do otherwise if you haven't hit VOR/LOC when using GPS. I hope this makes sense !Yep, it does.MK

Guest 69vette

Auto Pilot active - (CMD A) button Lit.NAV/GPS Switch set to GPSVOR LOC Button LitDefault 737 will follow the GPS.NAV/GPS switch to NAVVOR LOC Button LitDefault 737 will follow the VOR Tuned to the NAV Radio.

Guest PPSFA

Errr , ahhhh, why would the VOR/LOC button need to be lit for the GPS to work? I thought that was to switch between the VOR and Localizers?

Same one they have always used, except that it's usually labeled as "NAV" in most other panels. It's the same thingas "NAV", they just give it a different name on that panel.I assume the real aircraft labels it as VOR/ILS if thats froma real world bmp. MK

Guest blazingcessna

Referencing to jpg 1 below. The 'COURSE' dial, circled here in red is part of the ILS. You turn it to the final approach course listed on the map of the airport. You won't know what runway until the controller gives it to you. Look next to the right of ILS frequency to find the course to set.The 'HEADING' dial circled in blue is the one that turns the aircraft when the AP is engaged. The black button directly below it labeled 'HDG SEL' must be illuminated for this to work. The 'VOR/LOC' button is to slave the AP to a VOR receiver (NAV1 radio) or the GPS. The 'NAV/GPS' switch dictates what navigation system the AP will use, NAV1 radio by default. The 'APP' button is the tricky one. This has to be activated between the IAF (Initial Approach Fix) and FAF (Fianl Approach Fix). The green circle is the font error, and yes the font at the top of the altitude bar is about 3 points too big. Referencing to jpg 2 below, does anyone else have this landing light problem on the 73NG OH panel? The light switches are reversed! Edited for clarity BC

Guest PPSFA

VOR/LOC switch did the trick,thanks folks! Them long hauls were getting tiresome!