Sign in to follow this  
Murmur

X-Plane users surpass Microsoft Flight Simulator...

1 hour ago, HumptyDumpty said:

first let me say Jai Hind.

What I feel that fsx is giving tough competition is mostly got to do with the investment made for the addons , 95% of that base surely would be PMDG etc.. 

XP has caught up no doubt but i think all want a PMDG in it which i do not think will ever happen. Also the Steam version is very cheap

Jai Hind! 

RIghtly put. Were you developing ortho for  the Indian region at some point? MSFS provides the most accurate Indian scenery as of now.

Colonel,Indian Army.

My rig : z370  i9 9900k RTX 3090 MSI, 32 gb Ram, m2 nvme 1tb, sata ssd 1tb, 4tb hdd, 850watt smps antek bronze

my sims : DCS world, IL2 Battle of kuban, Stalingrad , MSFS, P3D 5.1, X-plane, Elite dangerous, Star citizen

The title grabbed my attention.

And then....good gravey surely this is a joke or meant to be funny.

Unfollow!

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

45 minutes ago, Greazer said:

Janov and Murmur found proof X Plane was winning, until they realized it was against FSX Steam edition 😂

Read the first post again and even YOU might realize that it was meant to be a joke from the get go 🙄

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ajaybala said:

Jai Hind! 

RIghtly put. Were you developing ortho for  the Indian region at some point? MSFS provides the most accurate Indian scenery as of now.

I am on XP and use Orthos for Mumbai  / Maharashtra. MFS as yet hasn't appealed to me , one of the factor is no helicopters and I don't use tubes.

But I have been developing Mumbai City area making 3d models, though it's a slow progress 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

6 hours ago, Janov said:

Yay! Now on to the next one 😁😁👍

In the 4 months Oct 2020 to Jan 2021

XPlane 11 grew at a steady 8.9% MoM

the next one shrank at 1.6% MoM on a really high churn rate

All else equal that is due to happen Q4 2021 - Q1 2022, I'd expect sooner if X-Plane 2021 is for example sold as a bundle with Xplane 11 similar to they did for XP10 -> 11.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

2 hours ago, Janov said:

Read the first post again and even YOU might realize that it was meant to be a joke from the get go 🙄

Like I said in another topic, he provides endless entertainment.

7 hours ago, HumptyDumpty said:

I am on XP and use Orthos for Mumbai  / Maharashtra. MFS as yet hasn't appealed to me , one of the factor is no helicopters and I don't use tubes.

But I have been developing Mumbai City area making 3d models, though it's a slow progress 

Have you made the orthos public? If so i would like to try them out. Link please.

Colonel,Indian Army.

My rig : z370  i9 9900k RTX 3090 MSI, 32 gb Ram, m2 nvme 1tb, sata ssd 1tb, 4tb hdd, 850watt smps antek bronze

my sims : DCS world, IL2 Battle of kuban, Stalingrad , MSFS, P3D 5.1, X-plane, Elite dangerous, Star citizen

33 minutes ago, ajaybala said:

Have you made the orthos public? If so i would like to try them out. Link please.

Nah , I use Ortho4xp , the source is Bing maps the same that MFS probably uses.

roger.

Colonel,Indian Army.

8 hours ago, HumptyDumpty said:

no helicopters and I don't use tubes.

Can you recommend some good heptrs in xplane, I mostly fly the MI 8 in DCS.

Colonel,Indian Army.

14 minutes ago, ajaybala said:

ANYTHING by Dreamfoil.  He specializes in them

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, GoranM said:

ANYTHING by Dreamfoil.  He specializes in them

41 minutes ago, ajaybala said:

Sorry OP for the offtopic !

Ah I love the Hip. and my Mig21 DCS.

For XP the latest from Dreamfoil especially the 407,  X-trident Bell 412 , Freeware MD500 (awesome) , EC135 from Rotorsim, Bell 429 (again Awesome).  Also the Vskylabs R66 (i suppose it's a 66)

Do not get the Dreamfoil R22 / AS350 as these XP10 models and are quite tempramental.

My goto heli in XP is the 412 , I do not own the 407 but the reviews for this are excellent. 

The above mentioned helis should be good to go with. 

Edited by HumptyDumpty

thanks for the input. What is your approach speed on the MiG21? I keep it at 380 and touch down between 350 and 320.

And apologies to the OP for the Hijack.

Edited by ajaybala
addition

Colonel,Indian Army.

Please start a new topic if you wish to discuss helicopters... this is completely off-topic. Thanks

• Like 1