Sign in to follow this  
spilok

We are being "blasted" with a snowstorm today!

What a day outside.  I'm in Pennsylvania (Allentown) and about an hour from Philadelphia.  They are calling for 18"-24" of snow today.  Of course, I'm flying quite a bit today, and because of the pandemic, it's a double "stay-at-home" sentence!

This storm is going to hang around for a while...very slow moving. How are all of you in the storm's path doing today?  How are you spending your time?

Aside from that, check out Sim Elite's Season Manager. The snowstorm made me think of this excellent program.  I run it before flying every day.  It does a really good job of putting snow where it actually is and combined with Active Sky, the sim gets a great depiction of weather and ground conditions.  I really like the program.

Stay safe in this snowstorm if you're affected, and get help clearing the snow if you're a senior citizen, or compromised in any way.

Stan

We have problems here in Florida too Stan. When I got up this morning at about 5 a.m. it was 71F. Now, at 3 p.m. it's dropped down to 62F. I sure hope it doesn't get any worse 🙂 . (I still remember the 13 winters I spent in Manhattan. Brrrrr...).

• Like 1

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Break out the long-johns!  "Old is cold"!

• Like 2

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

38 minutes ago, W2DR said:

We have problems here in Florida too Stan. When I got up this morning at about 5 a.m. it was 71F. Now, at 3 p.m. it's dropped down to 62F. I sure hope it doesn't get any worse 🙂 . (I still remember the 13 winters I spent in Manhattan. Brrrrr...).

I too am in Florida. Yulee, where its 45 degrees F, 7 C.

Dan Cole

I'm about 10 miles from KLEE. The forecast for tomorrow morning at around 8 a.m. is 40F, 4C. We've been here for almost 20 years now and my body has forgotten what it's like to be cold. When I was a kid I was raised on the central coast of California. No seasons at all there. The temps typically ranged from 50-70F (10-21C) and only about 15 inches of rain a year. My old aching body would love to go back to that life 😀 .

Edited by W2DR
kant spel

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Here is New Mexico we haven't seen winter yet  Normally we get several snow days were we get 3 or 4 inches.  We had two days with a skiff of snow that sublimated before noon.

Our highs have been in the 40s, 5os, and 60s but tomorrow we get up 70.  I think that where are late fall turns into early spring.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

15 hours ago, spilok said:

What a day outside.  I'm in Pennsylvania (Allentown) and about an hour from Philadelphia.  They are calling for 18"-24" of snow today.  

Stan

Is that normal for this time of year in Pennsylvania or is it some kind of weather anomaly? 

I'm in the UK where its unsurprising grey, grey and grey. 

God id love a holiday. Maybe I should go to dubai to be an influencer or to Antigua because I'm a presenter on TV. 

Oh I forget I'm not allowed. I'm just the guy helping to fly in PPE, and testing kits for the NHS on special cargo flights 🙄

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, martin-w said:

Is that normal for this time of year in Pennsylvania or is it some kind of weather anomaly? 

This was a big one, we are up to 27 inches in NJ and it's still snowing here.  At one point the snow was higher than my snow blower, literally the discharge chute was the only thing you could even see... 

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

32 minutes ago, psolk said:

This was a big one, we are up to 27 inches in NJ and it's still snowing here.  At one point the snow was higher than my snow blower, literally the discharge chute was the only thing you could even see... 

Good grief. I recall snow like that in the UK, quite a few years ago, doesn't happen much these days.

13C here today in the Channel Islands, 55F. Quite mild weather compared with the rest of the British Isles as we're quite far south, closer to the  French coast. There's usually somebody swimming in the sea when I go for a walk, no wet suits, just bathing costumes. Hardy folk they are. 😁 Those that do it seem to get addicted to it. 9.6C the temperature of the sea today. Nobody swimming at the moment though as we've just gone into lockdown after a sudden Covid outbreak, not a huge outbreak, but the authorities here don't mess about. 

Snow is quite rare, but we do get lots of rain at this time of year, sudden downpours are common. Summer is lovely. 

Edited by martin-w
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, bobrbend said:

I too am in Florida. Yulee, where its 45 degrees F, 7 C.

So the British Isles, Guernsey, is currently 6C warmer than Florida. I like the sound of that. 😁 And I'm the one that's usually envious or your warmer weather.

Edited by martin-w
  • Like 1