Sign in to follow this  
Shaka

OT (sort of): Where to get the best airfares?

Guest FlightPlane

I'm doing searches for the lowest airfares for my family for Spring break and thought fellow simmers might have some tips on where to get the best fares? The closest airport to us is KDEN so we're going to check Frontier partly because our kiddos see the animals on the tails of the jets all the time.My wife and I are both teachers and with two children we tend to look for the best prices we can find (even if the jets don't have animals on their tails).Any ideas?

For comparison, I check the following.1. online (expedia/travelocity)2. specific airline websites3. travel agentFor my travels, the travel agent gets the best deal 75% of the time, but that may depend on where you travel. Specifically, I liveon an island (Vancouver Island), and for some reason the web fares are always more expensive than going directly through the airline or travel agent. It doesn't take much time to check prices online, so it gives me a rough idea of where to start. Also, the travel agent can sometimes "trick" the system, at least here in Canada, and they also make it easier to set up a complicated itinery.Not a plug for the agents though - I'll do whatever is cheapest. - Martin (Cheap Charlie)