Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Speculative: PMDG Update

38 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Oh, another bug bear. I really don’t like the Airbus instrument panel. Bland doesn’t begin to describe it.

So true!

• Like 1

Matt Wilson

20 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

The files are stored once in one place, and people that need will take from, only when/if needed.

But there will be people who may download the same files multiple times for whatever reason. I imagine the servers are pretty beefy running 24/7/365.

Anyway, it’s been an interesting discussion and some questions have been answered. I’ll let you all get back on topic discussing the PMDG737 update and when it might arrive. 😁

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 2/3/2021 at 1:36 PM, mpo910 said:

At initial climb and final approach You watch almost entirely you instruments and spawn the front. Hardly any sightseeing. 

I noticed this also in P3D where I ha e bought nice scenery at PHNL or NSTU or OMDB......you see hardly anything with big planes.....

And then performance comes........with P3D outstanding at the moment. 

Unless your in IMC why do you need to look at the gauges constantly?

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

1 hour ago, z06z33 said:

Unless your in IMC why do you need to look at the gauges constantly?

Thats right, in VMC you can accurately pilot an airliner by the seat of your pants. Listen for the wind noise to judge airspeed, engine howl for N1, turn off the radios (so you don´t have to listen to ATC threaten you with the FAA) and then just head for that lake, turn left by the smokestack and start your descent near the old sawmill 🙄.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I seem to remember a time not too long ago when a lot of serious flight simmers wouldn't have touched photoscenery with a barge pole. Something about it looking "unrealistically flat" at lower altitudes. Granted, the total coverage of autogen buildings and trees in Microsoft Flight Simulator adds that much needed "3D" feel to scenery of this kind, but I can't help being amused. That's because landclass scenery in P3D/FSX has always looked unrealistic, whether it has autogen draped over it or not. It's nice to see that the light is finally reaching the (FS) global flightsim community :wink:

For the record, I have not used landclass scenery in a flight simulator since FS2000 (and that was quickly replaced by an eight year love affair with Flight Unlimited 3).

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

One thing is for sure. No matter when or how PMDG will release their product. No other sim has had such an impact that even people from other sims spend lot of time reading and commenting threads on MSFS. So no matter what happens, MSFS is on a good way. 😉 Just like the acutal Navigraph survey indicates. 3PDs will of course adapt to this situation. I think we can expect some good things. Performance will also get better. We got a devoted and experienced game dev with deep knowledge about 3D engines.

Plus, everytime I fly in MSFS, I notice that the scenery and graphical fidelity is just as important as is the simulation aspect. Unless you simply want to train IFR. People don't buy OrbX addons for no reason.

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 4

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

1 hour ago, tweekz said:

No other sim has had such an impact that even people from other sims spend lot of time reading and commenting threads on MSFS.

I guess that cuts both ways 😂

38 minutes ago, Janov said:

There will always be people who behave like toddlers. Regardless of the sim. I mean, I appreciate it if someone comes over to explain to me how bad my toy is, but it would demonstrate personality if they could just enjoy what they think is superior.

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

25 minutes ago, tweekz said:

I appreciate it if someone comes over to explain to me how bad my toy is, but it would demonstrate personality if they could just enjoy what they think is superior.

I can actually do both 😋😁.

No, seriously - I think we have all gotten quite a bit better since the heated days of last August... I do enjoy reading the forums here, too - naturally I am interested in the next best thing to X-Plane and it gives me peace of mind to read these forums 😉.

For what it´s worth, I don´t browse the P3D or FSX forums, there is no need to to have peace of mind. Take that as a compliment to MSFS!

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Janov
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Janov said:

For what it´s worth, I don´t browse the P3D or FSX forums, there is no need to to have peace of mind. Take that as a compliment to MSFS!

I can actually do both. Use my favorite sim and the next best thing. No need to limit myself by some constructed conflict - that's my way of getting peace of mind. 😉

But I think we're drifting OT.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

51 minutes ago, tweekz said:

But I think we're drifting OT.

It's been like that since 4 pages back.

2 hours ago, Janov said:

Hoooooooooold the presses: Flight sim in actual development has more users on steam than a flight sim that's 16 years old (and, looking at the numbers, is actually doing quite well).

(and the above thread is funny as word not allowed....)

Edited by Ricardo41

What is X-Plane? Never heard of it.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

3 minutes ago, captain420 said:

What is X-Plane? Never heard of it.

Given your posting history...that does not surprise me 😁

Edited by Janov
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Janov said:

Given your posting history...that does not surprise me 😁

It was a joke 😛

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU