Sign in to follow this  
Slayer68

Development update

In the ever changing landscape of simulators I have a few small bits of development news for you guys:

SR-71 - Development to be shifted to MSFS instead of P3D

P180E - Development is getting closer to completion for P3D( V4 and V5 ) 

Skyraider - Also near completion for P3D(V4 and V5)

That's all I have for now. I don't have any ETA on anything else but the last 2 are in Beta so keep your eyes peeled. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Steve 'Slayer' McNitt
Quality Assurance
spacer.png

Thanks for the heads up,

Looking forward to the HABU I think it will be ideal in the new sim platform as development progresses.

Quick question though, what ever happened to the MU-2 Solitaire that was in development, haven’t heard anything for ages, was really looking forward to that hot rod and hopefully decently modelled Garret engines to boot.

FAA ATP, CASA ATPL(A), MEIR, NVFR, Type Rated: A320, B747,B737, E120, B1900D/C KA350,

Multi Ratings: PA31-350, BE58, C310, PN68, PA44, BE76.

Checked out on: C210, R114, C206, PA28, C172, C152.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-7900X CPU @ 3.30GHz (20 CPUs), ~3.3GHzMemory: 64MB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, Multi Monitor.

On 2/2/2021 at 6:50 PM, toucanair said:

Thanks for the heads up,

Looking forward to the HABU I think it will be ideal in the new sim platform as development progresses.

Quick question though, what ever happened to the MU-2 Solitaire that was in development, haven’t heard anything for ages, was really looking forward to that hot rod and hopefully decently modelled Garret engines to boot.

I honestly cannot say on the MU-2. Work was started during V4 and was in the lineup for the PL-21  suite that we developed in the KA and now the P180E.

MU-2 was a good fit but the market has changed a LOT so at this point I would consider it undecided. It may be brought to the forefront again if the P180E does good in sales in V4 and V5 but there are many other things in motion that would have to be completed before work could resume on the MU-2. 

• Upvote 1

Steve 'Slayer' McNitt
Quality Assurance
spacer.png

Thanks for the reply, Slayer.

Certainly will be interesting to see how well the P3D community takes to the Piaggio I feel it should do well as it’s quite a unique airframe and is quite a head turner in real world aviation circles at least.

Interesting take as well on the MU-2 being fitted with the PL-21 suite as I would’ve thought it would be released with steam driven gauges more inline with Milviz B-55 and

C-310 products as from what I’ve seen in various forums there still seems to be a very high demand for classic panel fit outs that certainly defines the pocket rockets such the MU-2 , even more so regarding the new Microsoft platform should Milviz offer to sell it there as well.

Then one could head in the PL-21 direction based on sales of the rice rocket in a steam gauge configuration.

easier said than done I’m sure.

but just a though.

cheers.

Edited by toucanair

FAA ATP, CASA ATPL(A), MEIR, NVFR, Type Rated: A320, B747,B737, E120, B1900D/C KA350,

Multi Ratings: PA31-350, BE58, C310, PN68, PA44, BE76.

Checked out on: C210, R114, C206, PA28, C172, C152.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-7900X CPU @ 3.30GHz (20 CPUs), ~3.3GHzMemory: 64MB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, Multi Monitor.

On 2/2/2021 at 10:57 PM, Slayer68 said:

In the ever changing landscape of simulators I have a few small bits of development news for you guys:

P180E - Development is getting closer to completion for P3D( V4 and V5 ) 

Skyraider - Also near completion for P3D(V4 and V5)

That's all I have for now. I don't have any ETA on anything else but the last 2 are in Beta so keep your eyes peeled. 

Any possible news about your other Mil jets for MSFS?

Fulvio Arman

There is nothing wrong to support MSFS.

What about the promised P3Dv5 updates? You promised to make new installer for free and PBR as a payware update.

Still waiting. All MilViz aircraft are grounded. Awaiting the updates.

• Upvote 1

Rainero

I hope MV will seriously consider putting out more turboprop models (as noted, I'm very excited about the Avanti), especially because you did such a great job on the KA turboprop engine modeling. That is a very rare thing due to the limits of P3D, and those of us that love TP's get really excited when it's done well. 🙂

No promises have been made... (other than one which we do plan on keeping)

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

On 2/2/2021 at 5:57 PM, Slayer68 said:

The SR-71 is such a fascinating aircraft, I look forward to seeing it in MSFS.

Funny thing is that there was a thread in the MSFS forum a few days ago with a discussion on how much the bing-based terrain in MSFS really matters when flying at 35,000 feet...I guess we'll have to re-ignite that debate for 85,000 feet 😅

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

It is now our intention to release (what we can) our products free of charge for v5. However, this will only involve doing a new installer. No PBR, Trueglass or Reallight added... nothing but a new build.

We will, for those who wish it, have new installers (these will cost) that will include PBR, RL and TG...

For now, this is the plan. We will be releasing the KA first, then the 737 and then, with luck, the rest, in short order.

This was a post in the MilViz forums on July, 15th by SnuffyTheMongoose. NO relevant news on this topic since then.

I am sorry that I take your words seriously.

My decision upon future purchases will depend on how you handle the P3Dv5 topic.

• Upvote 1

Rainero

Please note the EXACT wording of the first phrase...   I will bold the operative word... "It is now our intention to release.... blah blah blah"

Things change.  If Snuffy says "I promise"... that's exactly what it means.  A promise.  The above isn't a promise.  It states an intention.

Our intention (now) is to put together v5 installers (all with PBR) and there will be a cost associated with those. 

We are also working on getting MSFS products out the door...

However, right now, our main focus is delivering milsim products to the military.  That's what our name is and that's what we do.  Whilst we wish we have unlimited resources (and money/time) we don't.

In the end, it is your choice as to whether or not, you buy our stuff. 

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

This kind of phrasing is known as weasel words..  

I do not think I can buy more from products from a weasel

wea·sel

(wē′zəl)

n.
1. Any of various carnivorous mammals of the genus Mustela, having a long slender body, a long tail, short legs, and brownish fur that in many species turns white in winter.
2. A person regarded as sneaky or treacherous.
Edited by harrry

Harry Woodrow