Sign in to follow this  
Coa4178

Airplanes not looking right

Hi, anyone had the issue where airplanes aren't taxing on the taxy ways; they taxy outside them and also the airplanes appearance is like they are below the ground. This happened in KATL default 

in my case when i was using ADB-S the planes were taking outside the taxiways, buynow i am using realtraffic and all runs ok

• Like 1

I'll have to try out real traffic again blah; I was only given a 24hr trial which I wasn't able to even try due to setup issues with psxt

Hi guys,

Note that even with Real Traffic you may have strange movements of aircraft due to errors in the traffic data or add-on airports that don't have the taxiways and.or runways at the right spot.

See this text from the Disclaimer section (1.2) of the PSXseeconTraffic Manual:

"The data coming from RealTraffic is not always correct. This may lead to the following short-comings:

·         Sometimes aircraft do not land at the runway but in the fields …

·         Some airlines/aircraft-types always seem to land besides the runway; as-if their ADS-B equipment is not sending the right info.

·         Aircraft may disappear from the RealTraffic stream for more than 30 seconds which will lead to disappearance from your Flight Simulator while popping up again (a little) later.

·         The ADS-B signal may become blocked by buildings at airports which leads to a temporary stop of a taxiing aircraft.

·         Some airlines perform much better than other airlines.

Some add-on airports have runways that are not at the exact spot. For example EHAM of Aerosoft, aircraft land and take-off way off the centre line."

Nico

Edited by kiek

borrow other one's thread again……hi Nico, I'm always thinking about whether frd24's data is more accurate and less errors than ADS-B? And is it possible to try to use frd24 as data source? I'm not sure whether frd24 has APIs for data query and how much it costs, what do you think about this idea ?

Edited by Hyperbola

17 hours ago, Hyperbola said:

borrow other one's thread again……hi Nico, I'm always thinking about whether frd24's data is more accurate and less errors than ADS-B? And is it possible to try to use frd24 as data source? I'm not sure whether frd24 has APIs for data query and how much it costs, what do you think about this idea ?

Frd24's data is not more accurate. Their use of the data is less vulnerable to errors; they don't have to remove an aircraft from the screen if there is no new data within 30 seconds. They have no problems with aircraft taxing 10 meters besides the runway, ... and so on.

But even if it were it would not be possible for home flight simmers. Much too expensive.

Edited by kiek

11 hours ago, kiek said:

Frd24's data ids not more accurate. Their use of the data is less vulnerable to errors; they don't have to remove an aircraft from the screen is there is no new data within 30 seconds. They have no problems with aircraft taxing 10 meters besides the runway, ... and so on.

But even if it were it would not be possible for home flight simmers. Much too expensive.

Got it, thanks for your detail explanation. Since I saw aircraft move smoothly I thought it might have better data.It seems that frd24 just uses some tricky method such as interpolation to do it.