Sign in to follow this  
Airline2Sim

Module Six Longer Episodes UPDATE*

Guys,

We're almost there with the A320 Cadet Training Program, but there's still some good stuff to come. As you may have noticed, we've swapped around some of the content of Module Six as the final few videos have longer run times than planned. For example the performance video was supposed to be 20 mins and turned into two hour long episodes, as there's a lot to cover! This is also true of the winter operations and GS MINI videos, which were supposed to be short demonstrations. However once you start drilling into the detail, it becomes a lengthier tutorial.  

These longer run times mean that we will now have 29 episodes in total (from 22 originally planned) which will take another couple of weeks to complete, so the plan now is two new episodes on Feb 9 and Feb 16 respecively, which completes the course. 

Cheers,

Ben

Edited by Airline2Sim
  • Like 5

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Looking forward to the winter operations, quite applicable these days 🙂

I found the performance TOGA part a bit repetitive, with infos and obvious stuff getting repeated over and over again. Probably half of the time could have done it as well. Besides that, very nice program, great to learn even little details.

Edited by mikealpha

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

5 hours ago, mikealpha said:

Looking forward to the winter operations, quite applicable these days 🙂

I found the performance TOGA part a bit repetitive, with infos and obvious stuff getting repeated over and over again. Probably half of the time could have done it as well. Besides that, very nice program, great to learn even little details.

We can always send it back to the cutting room and see what else we can chop.  But glad you’re enjoying it so far. 

2 hours ago, Airline2Sim said:

We can always send it back to the cutting room and see what else we can chop.  But glad you’re enjoying it so far. 

naa, it wasn't meant like that. Just that episode was a bit long winded for my taste, but better too much than too less :-). Keep up the great work !

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

Update on this guys - I’m still not happy with the audio/visual quality on the stuff we’ve shot for the remaining few episodes as due to Covid it’s all done remotely/over zoom etc rather than in house face to face in our studio like the rest of the content. Bear with us a little longer while we bring these episodes up to scratch guys. 

• Like 2

Just a quick update on this again from me guys:

As you know, I'm a stickler for quality and the smooth production of our training material takes a lot of time, a lot of outtakes, and a lot of rather adult language to get it right.

The final three episodes were bolted on by me in a 'how hard can it be?' moment after we'd already shot and wrapped up the original episode run which was pretty much all shot at the same time in our studio. Unfortunately in an age of Covid, doing this stuff remotely is quite tricky and the resulting content is trickier to edit and put together in the way we usually do it and to my eyes, sub standard as it stands right now. And frankly I'm not going to release stuff that isn't up to standard of the rest of the Program. 

We are working through the final 3 episodes now, but it will be another few weeks before they see the light of day. 

I'm also hobbled a bit by my day job kicking back in (I work for an oil company in Saudi Arabia) and we've all been recalled back to the Gulf, so I'm currently living out of a suitcase until I get my apartment back which won't be until next week. 

Bear with us, we're on it. 

• Like 2

HI Ben,

I am enjoying the 320 cadet training, and was looking forward to the remaining episodes. I understand that your not happy with the quality, this shows that you are committed to quality of your work. Thank you.

Is it possible that you could, in the mean time release the checklist you use and the settings (weather, time of day, weights) that you use that way users could follow and experience what you did in the videos?

I did read somewhere on this forum that you were planning to do just that. Could you not release those items now while we wait for the final episodes to be released?

Keep up the good work

Brian

🛩️ Brian Houghton

System: P3D V5.3 HF2, Intel i7-9700K o/c to 4.5Ghz, Nvidia RTX 3080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 SSD, 2x1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, MSI Z390 M/B, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 2133 Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit 21H2,Samsung UHD 43" LED TV, Benq 27" HD monitor.

2nd PC: Networked for atc, charts, and streaming. Intel i7 4790k 4 Ghz, Nvidia GTX 2070 Super, Samsung 970 Evo, 2x sata drives, MSI Z970 M/B, 32Gb G.skills DDR3 Ram, Win 10 Pro 21H2, 2x Benq 27" Monitors

4 hours ago, brianwhtn43 said:

HI Ben,

I am enjoying the 320 cadet training, and was looking forward to the remaining episodes. I understand that your not happy with the quality, this shows that you are committed to quality of your work. Thank you.

Is it possible that you could, in the mean time release the checklist you use and the settings (weather, time of day, weights) that you use that way users could follow and experience what you did in the videos?

I did read somewhere on this forum that you were planning to do just that. Could you not release those items now while we wait for the final episodes to be released?

Keep up the good work

Brian

Hi Brian 

Thanks for the kind words! 

Yep that's the plan. Watch this space. 

• Upvote 1

Hi Ben,

First of all hope everything is well taking account this pandemic! Do you have an estimate date for the release of the last episodes ?

Regards,

Pedro Alves

• Like 2

On 3/1/2021 at 8:32 AM, Airline2Sim said:

And frankly I'm not going to release stuff that isn't up to standard of the rest of the Program. 

And yet you decided to sell it to us.

I’m working my way through the A320 program, and I too am wondering what gives with the last few episodes, download options, etc. 

Hi Ben

Any chance of an update when you intend to complete the remaining episodes of the A320 training program? 

• Like 2

On 2/9/2021 at 8:02 PM, Airline2Sim said:

Just an update on this chaps, the remaining episodes will be not this week but next. 

pmsl

Dave Taylor gb.png