Sign in to follow this  
Pitter

iFly B747-400V2

Greetings,

I have their 747 and actually did some flight testing with it. As far as aircraft performance goes, it's solid. One of the configurations I tested was about 6 knots off on stall, but what's a few knots between friends. Power settings and time/distance to climb to a selected altitude was spot on. I was impressed. If you are looking for the feel and flying by the numbers, it works. I didn't have any complaints with it.

Rick

• Upvote 1

I’ve not really  used the product since but I bought it to have look at in comparison to the other well known 747 available for P3D.

Being a pilot of the real 747 at the time I was able to make a reasonable assessment of its features. I posted a brief summary of my thoughts and findings on these forums.

I remember being quite surprised by how good it was for the price. I think I concluded that the “ premium” 747 was undoubtedly the model from PMDG, however if you couldn’t or didn’t want to pay the premium then you really wouldn’t go wrong with the ifly.

There were some areas where the ifly was actually superior but I should make it clear that the PMDG Model has since been updated , Several times in fact, and any shortcomings have certainly been addressed in these updates.

So taking the ifly product in isolation, yes it’s a very good simulation of the 747 and easily worth it’s asking price. It will keep you occupied for quite a while as the real aircraft is  a very complex  aircraft to learn.

Edited by jon b
  • Upvote 2

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

A link to the previous thread about this aircraft which may be of interest..

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

2 hours ago, Pitter said:

3 diff planes for 60 Euro sounds not bad to me.

You are right, it is great value, however, it's worth bearing in mind that the PMDG 747 package also has a lot of variants and I think they work out at about 13 quid each if I recall correctly, so it too represents pretty good value in this regard in spite of the higher price.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I have it for both FS9 (since day 2) and FSX, and I'm thinking about the P3D4 version. Definitely not bad at all, specially if you don't feel like paying PMDG prices.

Caution: as far as I understand, this plane does not work in P3D5, sadly.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

I had their 737 and returned it during the free refund period. I like it very much but wanted the pmdg. One thing that I find.  Liveries, how to’s, forums all seem to be about the pmdg. So you feel like you are on an island with ifly.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Great value for money, 747-400, 747-8 and 747BCF! Realistic systems and good visuals with plenty of available liveries. I hope i-fly consider developing a version for FS2020

Edited by JustanotherPilot

steve southey

4 hours ago, Luis Hernandez said:

this plane does not work in P3D5

That is a great point that should not be overlooked.  I know they are trying to update their offerings to P3D5 and there will be a cost involved.

iFly's 747 is more advanced than their 737, while not directly comparable, I'd say it's overall better than PMDG's old 737NGX, and of course old PMDG747

Still, while most functions are correctly there, I'd say it feels more "standard", rather than the "organic" feel from PMDG bird.

The only advantage is better navadata that support DME arc and RF-Legs, but PMDG is also working on that, and will came out sooooooooooon.....

I own both as I was moving on to v5 and ifly not supporting it. If you are v4 flyer and able to live with a bit more older config manager and that you have to load the BCF with pax to get weight etc. (some compromises as most additional models were free updates) then stay with ifly. If you are v5 already or want to move on to v5 sooner or later then pmdg.

[...]The only advantage is better navadata that support DME arc and RF-Legs, but PMDG is also working on that, and will came out sooooooooooon..... [...]

Hahahahaha, that was a good one. PMDG are working on it since... let me think.... errrr... last decade or century? 😄

Cheers

T.

A big thank you all for the comments.

They are very helpful to make my decision to get them soon

Peter