Sign in to follow this  
PatC

Tehran OIIE conflict

Hi

I just bought OIIE Tehran from simmarket, but there seems to be a conflict (with Vector?]. I run the Auto Config tool but there is no file for OIIE.

Any ideas?

Kind Regards

Patrick

2021-2-3_15-27-50-83.jpg

Edited by PatC

Hi Patrick,

If you haven't already solved this problem, you might try searching your ORBX folder for OIIE. If you find any files you could try disabling them by adding the file extension .off or something similar that works for you. Might even search for Tehran as well.

Hope you're able to resolve it.

Kail

Thanks for listening,

Kail

On 2/3/2021 at 6:27 PM, PatC said:

Any ideas?

What P3D version do you use?

If you use v5 a mod of the afcad maybe necessary. If you use v4, something may have gone wrong during installation. Then a simple reinstall of the scenery could fix it.

Edited by blaunarwal

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

What version of P3D are you on? In v5, there are elevation conflicts between the default and addon OIIE (which is what your problem looks like). Unfortunately the AFCAD of this particular scenery is very messed up. I saw fit to rebuild it in ADE nearly from scratch and replace the existing one with my own. That was the only way I was able to solve the countless problems with the provided AFCAD, as well as to make it compatible with v5. I would also not recommend using iniBuild's v4 mods, because I found that they essentially package the default airport minus the objects, which in some cases confuses P3Dv5, messing things up even more. So, I have generally taken to make things compatible by myself (and hence another reason I'm only using v4 airports if I really must have that airport...)

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

On 2/7/2021 at 6:59 AM, Benjamin J said:

I saw fit to rebuild it in ADE nearly from scratch and replace the existing one with my own

Hi Benjamin

I bought the scenery, cause the freeware OIIE is even worse and I fixed it too. The altitude problem is rather easy but also the parkings need some reposition. There was a Marker VR 4000 Miles away, which I had to delete. That's really bad quality. 

Yesterday I also made some traffic for Iran, which I couldn't get from AIG AI Traffic. Kish Air and Mahan Air. I collected flightplans, textures and found all models on my system from AIG group. I wonder where the threadstarter Patrick got all his traffic from? I now have about the same amount of aircraft. PM me if you want these airlines too. 

Regards

Dan

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

6 hours ago, blaunarwal said:

Hi Benjamin

I bought the scenery, cause the freeware OIIE is even worse and I fixed it too. The altitude problem is rather easy but also the parkings need some reposition. There was a Marker VR 4000 Miles away, which I had to delete. That's really bad quality. 

Yesterday I also made some traffic for Iran, which I couldn't get from AIG AI Traffic. Kish Air and Mahan Air. I collected flightplans, textures and found all models on my system from AIG group. I wonder where the threadstarter Patrick got all his traffic from? I now have about the same amount of aircraft. PM me if you want these airlines too. 

Regards

Dan

Hey Dan, indeed I had to do all of that as well. I also went as far as redoing some of the taxiways to ensure that they were properly aligned with the scenery, as well as changing some of the parking and gate sizings. As it is now, OIIE is working pretty well for me, but a customer really shouldn't need to go this length to make a purchase work...

And thanks, but I have my own set of Iranian traffic 😉 I got most of my flightplans from UTT. They have a lot more than just those two, just have a look! I would suggest you try to get Qeshm Air, ATA, Zagros and Caspian, as they seem to be pretty big players in the domestic space. Some of the flightplans are outdated but it seems there's nothing newer around, so I simply keep it.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

1 hour ago, Benjamin J said:

Hey Dan, indeed I had to do all of that as well. I also went as far as redoing some of the taxiways to ensure that they were properly aligned with the scenery, as well as changing some of the parking and gate sizings. As it is now, OIIE is working pretty well for me, but a customer really shouldn't need to go this length to make a purchase work...

And thanks, but I have my own set of Iranian traffic 😉 I got most of my flightplans from UTT. They have a lot more than just those two, just have a look! I would suggest you try to get Qeshm Air, ATA, Zagros and Caspian, as they seem to be pretty big players in the domestic space. Some of the flightplans are outdated but it seems there's nothing newer around, so I simply keep it.

Hi Benjamin

I have the big carriers like Iran Air, but the smaller not. Today I also found GSX Jetways from Inibuilds. Here´s the link.

https://forum.inibuilds.com/files/file/878-armi-project-tehran/

I revamped a lot of commercial addons. If you need a better afcad, you can always ask me. I think we have the same standard of expectations. I recently made Kuala Lumpur. That was a lot of work, such a big airport. Although it looks better than OIIE, it had even worse taxiways. I remade the whole big airport. 

Regards

Dan

On 2/8/2021 at 4:43 PM, Benjamin J said:

I would suggest you try to get Qeshm Air, ATA, Zagros and Caspian

Today I finished collecting the airlines you suggested and also got some C-130 and F4 on the persian skys. Most FS9 textures got already FSX models so I needed only to combine and recompile the traffic.

Thanks for the hint.

Dan

• Like 1

Nice, enjoy! They should add a new dimensions to flying around Iran!

Benjamin van Soldt

Did any one find a solution to this problem? Im going out of my head trying to figure it out. I do not know how to edit ade or afcad files.

6 hours ago, meds60 said:

Did any one find a solution to this problem? Im going out of my head trying to figure it out. I do not know how to edit ade or afcad files.

Well yes, there is a solution, but... it involves editing the afcad...

Benjamin van Soldt