Sign in to follow this  
mcdonoughdr

Aerosoft Now Selling MSFS Physical Disk for the US Market!

Yes, it's expensive and shipping is $40+, and most people will just download it, but that hardbound included book made this a must buy for me. Aerosoft is now selling MSFS on disk shipping to the US! Check it out here. I bought it mostly for the included book, and to have the disks as a collectible 

Other than being a neat collectible for people who... collect, I don't really understand the point of physical disks for a game that gets monthly patches that are 10+ GB, not to mention the streaming scenery, traffic, and whatever else. I guess it doesn't hurt anyone to make it available though! 🤪

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Pretty sure no one is buying this for the data on the disks. 

Is there a description or review of the included book? 

Please correct me but:  Don't you to have a disc spinning in the CD player the whole time to use MSFS?  (Most new PC rigs don't even include a CD player).

30 minutes ago, overspeed3 said:

Most new PC rigs don't even include a CD player

In that case you can opt for 3.5" floppy disks!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, overspeed3 said:

Please correct me but:  Don't you to have a disc spinning in the CD player the whole time to use MSFS?  (Most new PC rigs don't even include a CD player).

I think most (but not all) disk based protection systems just need the disk to start the game and then you can remove it, and yes you would have to buy a USB external DVD drive which are about $US10 these days on ebay. 

Considering you pretty much need to be online with this game it is odd they did not just issue a digital licence once you installed it.

4 hours ago, Dylanear said:

Pretty sure no one is buying this for the data on the disks. 

Is there a description or review of the included book? 

Collectors item. I still have my 2000, 2002, 2004, FSX disks.

Plus there is Xbox series X which has a optical drive.

Edited by jbdbow1970

4 hours ago, overspeed3 said:

i copied disk1 to my SSD, and its now running in a virtual drive.

It works, dont need the real DVD anymore in a drive.

7 hours ago, mcdonoughdr said:

I bought it mostly for the included book, and to have the disks as a collectible 

same here, i like the real books!

And the Box fits here very nice too 😁Qyqq7bf.jpg

• Like 3

In my case - Uninstaller mindset - it has been very useful !

I created ISOs of each DVD, and now resinatlling MFS is a really fast process 🙂

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I wish it was possible to just buy the book without the discs!

What even is on the 10 DVDs anyway, is it just the low-res offline world scenery?

• Like 1

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

2 hours ago, jcomm said:

I created ISOs of each DVD, and now resinatlling MFS is a really fast process 🙂

I'm guessing that with all the sim updates that have already been implemented, along with all those yet to come, installing from an original set of disks, ISO etc and then updating to the latest version online will actually take longer than just installing directly online.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

5 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

installing from an original set of disks, ISO etc and then updating to the latest version online will actually take longer than just installing directly online.

Even though I have the DVD version I didn't install it with the discs, i had a MS Gamepass running that time and just entered the digital code and the installation started online, as long as i had the gamepass running I didn't even need the disc 1 inserted.