Sign in to follow this  
tommy10101

UK update today?

We now anticipate that the update will be ready for you between February 9th and February 11th

That's what it said in the last weekly development update.
There is another one coming later today, we will likely find out if those dates are still valid.

Its next week from what I have read....we are all waiting arent we!!

Regards

Paul EGCC

What they wrote:

Work on World Update 3 is nearly complete and we have started to integrate the photogrammetry cities into the sim. There is a bit more integration work to be done and then various data passes that need to be completed, but progress has been very good. We now anticipate that the update will be ready for you between February 9th and February 11th.

• Like 1

Stephan from Germany

My System

15 minutes ago, sal9000 said:

What they wrote:

Work on World Update 3 is nearly complete and we have started to integrate the photogrammetry cities into the sim. There is a bit more integration work to be done and then various data passes that need to be completed, but progress has been very good. We now anticipate that the update will be ready for you between February 9th and February 11th.

Could they make communication any less clear? 'We now anticipate that...between' Jeez Asobo people, just write 'the update is on X date at X time', it's not rocket science. 🤣

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

9 minutes ago, Chock said:

Could they make communication any less clear? 'We now anticipate that...between' Jeez Asobo people, just write 'the update is on X date at X time', it's not rocket science. 🤣

between February 9th and February 11th seems to be about as clear as clear can be, and to be fair, that's not cast in stone given they're still working on it.

• Like 4

Cheers

Paul Golding

Rather wait until it is properly finished than install a buggy version, I suppose.  Feb 9th to 11th is not too far away.

Also looking forward to the higher DEM, etc and the removal of the spikes (will have to remember to delete the mapamundi addon).

I'm also planning to delete my rolling cache along with my user cache and clear out my community folder prior to installing and see whether running cacheless has any affect.

• Like 2

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

2 hours ago, Paul Golding said:

seems to be about as clear as clear can be, and to be fair, that's not cast in stone given they're still working on it.

Nah, not when they've already put a date out and then postponed it; this already adds a bit to confusion given that stuff on the internet stays around and comes up on searches even when superseded by other stuff. In those circumstances, they'd be better off simply saying 'we don't know' since they don't, or 'not before X date' - that's how you are 'as clear as you can be'.

Writing something nebulous about how you 'anticipate that it might be, on the offchance, with a bit of luck, if the wind is blowing the right way, just possibly be between blah blah blah.' is precisely why this thread began, it's not very clear at all.

This wouldn't normally matter for most things, since it will be when it will be, but for some people this will mean a big slow download, and not even a selectable one, since these updates are automatic in how they kick in. Some people take time off work to play with flight sims too, or arrange things in other ways, and especially if there is a patch or update. So it would be helpful to be a bit more precise in saying when that is going to happen. Or, if that isn't known, at least saying it won't happen before X date would advise people who use the product of when it might be unusable to them if their download speeds are slow, rather than being concerned that there is a big @ss unknown 48 hour window when they might not be able to use their product.

Doesn't bother me personally, but it's probably something which could affect others in a significant way to them personally as noted, and that includes people who paid 120 quid for the thing, so a bit of decent customer care and clarity doesn't go amiss in those circumstances.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Does it make any difference if they do it this week, next week?. Really?

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

6 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Cheers, Ed

Not to me personally, but it might have a bearing on what some developers may be working on although really, I think the aerodynamics/flight model changes are the biggie where that is concerned, I suspect we'll see things really start to move when that one comes out.

• Like 3

Alan Bradbury

25 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Cheers, Ed

I have the rest of the week off Yes!.

• Like 1