Sign in to follow this  
jcirrus

Aircrafts MSFS

Hi,

Does anyone know or if it is possible to remove the aircraft that we do not wish to fly as was done in previous flights Simulators?

Thank you.

15 minutes ago, jcirrus said:

Hi,

Does anyone know or if it is possible to remove the aircraft that we do not wish to fly as was done in previous flights Simulators?

Thank you.

Just remove them in Content manager... why you would want to baffles me. I think there's two (cannot mind which that cannot be removed)

Edited by Car147

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

33 minutes ago, jcirrus said:

Hi,

Thank you.

I would be afraid of removing variables or code used by other aircraft.

22 minutes ago, dobee51 said:

all variables are stored outside of the aircraft, no aircraft references anything from another aircraft. And on slower machines, disabling aircraft that you never use speeds up loading time tremendously.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dobee51 said:

You must be right. I won't do it. Incidentally this MSFS is very different from the previous ones. More complex.
Thanks for the alert.

8 minutes ago, jcirrus said:

You must be right. I won't do it. Incidentally this MSFS is very different from the previous ones. More complex.
Thanks for the alert.

It's fine, you can delete the aircraft. The shared data is stored in a separate area.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, jcirrus said:

Thanks for the alert.

its not different. its just presented in a different way. and no, he is not right. 

• Like 1

I removed many of the GA aircraft in the content manager.  No need to have them in the list when I will never fly them. No issues with the remaining aircraft.

I'm looking at the Content Manager and I have 224 items in it. When I select one I get delete at the bottom. Do I just delete and if so, how do I get it back later?

Thanks

Martin

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

16 minutes ago, sauviat said:

I'm looking at the Content Manager and I have 224 items in it. When I select one I get delete at the bottom. Do I just delete and if so, how do I get it back later?

Thanks

Martin

yep, you while have a download option instead next time you load into the Content Manager (provided it is default content)

Thanks, let's see what happens🙃

Martin

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

A couple of weeks ago I deleted a couple of aircraft in the Content Manager and for some unknown sequence of events the sim thought they were still installed and would not give me the download prompt.  I discovered if you go to the "MSFS\Official\OneStore" directory and delete the corresponding aircraft directory the sim will then allow you to download the aircraft.

i9-12900K | Asus ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming | RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR5 | Win 10 Pro | Acer Predator UltraWide 3440x1440 (G-Sync)

I have used this quite a bit and removed all the aircraft, tutorials, and airports I have no intention of flying to in the near future. It speeds up loading time and saves disk space and it has been really easy to just redownload an asset if I want it back. 

• Like 1

Dan Scott

My loading times are fine so I just use the prop/turbo/jet option to reduce the number of choices in the selection screen.

If you never fly a plane it does make some sense to delete it, however I am not personally inclined to delete planes as I tend to fly a lot of different aircraft and enjoy the big range of choices. In the past week alone I have been in the Cj4, C152, Steam 172, various Jabiru, the Carenado Mooney, the Bleriot (a lot), the Grumman Goose, the Savage Carbon, the bushleague XCub mod, Cirrus SR22, Carenado YFM-5 and the CTLS. I regularly also fly the Caravan, Icon A5 and Robin DR400 and Beech King Air.  I will probably add one of the ultralights (not sure which yet) and the Piaggio P149 over the next week or two.  If I was to delete anything it would be the airliners but they disappear when I select "prop" so no real point and they are handy for FPS testing anyway.

What I do find annoying is Beechcraft are not under "B" and Cessnas are not under "C".  Instead we get half the planes available lumped into Textron Aviation and with the Carenado products they are all stuck together under Carenado 😄 

A filter to sort by manufacturer and only show planes for that maker would be really useful.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

After several attempts I managed to eliminate all the aircraft I did not want. The Simulator is lighter and loads faster. Only the following aircraft should not be eliminated: A320N B747-800, Cessna 152 and 172.
I have a problem with CTD that has been coming for some time and even after several attempts to resolve it I can't and it is this:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.12.13.0, timestamp: 0x5fda3fe4
Faulty module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.12.13.0, timestamp: 0x5fda3fe4
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault deviation: 0x00000000025d0a31
Failed process ID: 0x2738
Failed application start time: 0x01d6fca3abe0aa93
Faulting application path: 😄 \ Microsoft Flight Simulator \ FlightSimulator.exe
Failed module path: 😄 \ Microsoft Flight Simulator \ FlightSimulator.exe
Report ID: 2642936d-10d2-4122-bc6d-1abd50e9e849
Failed package full name:
Application ID for the failed package:

If anyone can help me, I appreciate it. I have tried several tips from various forums including MSFS itself and nothing.

thank you