Sign in to follow this  
tcgeo

Help with Track IR 4 Pro

Geoff,Using the TrackIR4 dispences use of the POV button as the movements are controlled by your head. Throughout 6 directions of head movement.

Dave Taylor gb.png

You shouldn't have any of those problems if you are updating the motherboard drivers, and it's very unlikely with the bios upgrade. It's always a good idea, of course, to back up any essential data (to CD or DVD if available) when doing any sort of computer work.

Thanks for the reply notasenator,Well, I found out what it's like to be on the not so good side of a BIOS flash. While doing this, with a tech on the phone directing traffic I might add, it all seemed to go well until we restarted the computer. That's when it took us over 6 hours to figure out that what they think the problem is; is that the primary (21 month old) drive is failing. Could be a mother board problem also but they can't determine that until we get the new drive installed. It wouldn't do anything but give us an error of some kind. So, we reinstalled windows and I lost everything on that drive, which was really pretty minimal. That worked good enough thought so that I could access most of my important stuff on the slave. I originally only kept windows, FS9, and FSX on the primary drive, all else on the slave, thank God.So, the moral of the story is to back stuff up and be prepared for the worst. So now I need to know how to handle FS withdrawal till I can get flying again and try once again to get TrackIR working.Thanks again for the response.Good flying,George