Sign in to follow this  
Dane Watson

MSFS Ovation Sensitivity

I have both the Carenado Ovation (version 1.2.1) and the Carenado Seminole (version 1.3.1).

The Seminole is a dream to fly, to trim, to operate on the ground as well as in the air.
The Ovation is like a wild horse that cannot be tamed.

Seriously - the Ovation is way too sensitive compared to the Seminole and for that matter any of the other MSFS default GA aircraft.  I have adjusted the sensitivity settings for both rudder and elevators and for all other aircraft they are a dream to operate but not the Ovation.

Do others have this issue and any thoughts on what is causing such intense sensitivity compared to the Seminole and other aircraft?

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

It seems I was not just dreaming this issue as Carenado just replied to my ticket....

Carenado Support, Feb 5, 2021, 16:57 GMT-3:

Thanks, this has been reported to our dev team for correction.
Regards

Carenado.

• Like 1

Regards, Dane

Hah

On 2/6/2021 at 12:35 AM, Dane Watson said:

It seems I was not just dreaming this issue as Carenado just replied to my ticket....

Carenado Support, Feb 5, 2021, 16:57 GMT-3:

Thanks, this has been reported to our dev team for correction.
Regards

Carenado.

Thats what they always say. Yet there are still no further updates to this MSFS add-on.

I turned the sensitivity way down, and its actually possible to hand fly the thing now. What I would really like is for someone who has hands on flying experience in the Ovation to figure out the best yoke sensitivity settings in order to make it "feel" like the actual thing.

• Upvote 1

You are correct, this is a Carenado stock reply, what we need is action.

I tried flying this "wild horse" again today and it is not flyable like other aircraft even the Carenado PA44 is a dream to fly.

Which and what did you adjust your settings to?

Regards, Dane

On 3/24/2021 at 10:09 AM, FreedFlyer97231 said:

Hah

Thats what they always say. Yet there are still no further updates to this MSFS add-on.

I turned the sensitivity way down, and its actually possible to hand fly the thing now. What I would really like is for someone who has hands on flying experience in the Ovation to figure out the best yoke sensitivity settings in order to make it "feel" like the actual thing.

Just got another reply from Carenado - encouraging but unknown timeline...

Carenado Support, Mar 29, 2021, 21:16 GMT-3:

Greetings,
We don't have an estimated time yet, stay tuned!.

Regards,

Regards, Dane

Hi,

I turned the elevator, rudder and aileron sensitivity way down, maybe 70% or so.

I havent yet played with the new MSFS sensitivity setting that was recently introduced...

But just start a new flight, and reduce the sensitivity until it feels right to you.

Edited by FreedFlyer97231

I am having difficulties toning down the Seminole sensitivity in MSFS 2020.  I barely move my joystick and the plane reacts immediately.  I've played with sensitivity settings and I can't for the life of me get it toned down.  The curve is almost flat lined and it still too much.  I don't have this issue with any other planes in MSFS.  I've even found some MODEL.cfg tweaks that can be done, but I'm not having any joy with that either - I cannot find this file for the Seminole, so I assume it's using the default one in MSFS?

If anyone has any other ideas, drop me a bone.  Thanks!

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

I cannot find this file for the Seminole, so I assume it's using the default one in MSFS?

No, they already have theyre own .cfg files, but at Carenado these are copy-protected for anti pirating theyre software and therefore cannot be edited by us.

Edited by Onimanius