Sign in to follow this  
charliemcewan

Reality GNS

Hello,

Can someone please advise on the following, I have the above product activated in my C47 Sky-train (Manfred Jhans) /DC in P3D v4.5, I have a subscription with Nvigraph also and from time use this to create flt plans, although I may save a flt plan it never is available in the GNS when ever I am using it in the aircraft , I get a message no FPL found, the Flt Plans generated by Navigraph are PLN files is this the reason the GNS is not seeing the saved flt plans?. 

Can you also advise where I should save a flt plan ie name /location maybe that is my problem and should the reality GNS be listed in the menu in Navigraph FMS Data manager for it to function correctly?

In the A/C I have selected the GNS 530, this is a pop up only, I assume it cannot be incorporated in to the VC Instrument panel ALSO AVAILABLE are GPS400/GNC 420/GNS430/GPS500

My Order No 1507595

Best Regards

Charlie McEwan

INTEL (R) Core (TM) i7-8700K CPU@3.70 GHz Installed Memory 32GB NVIDIA GTX 1070Ti /  Win 10 home

Best Regards

Charlie McEwan

There are some tools such as Little Nav Map that can create GNS flight plans. There is no native capability to do this with the GNS as it uses the Garmin Trainer which has a Garmin specific file format for flight plans. Navigraph data is not usable for the Garmin Trainer and therefore the GNS.

• Like 1

David Porrett

2 hours ago, charliemcewan said:

Can you also advise where I should save a flt plan ie name /location maybe that is my problem and should the reality GNS be listed in the menu in Navigraph FMS Data manager for it to function correctly?

You should have on your system the RXP GNS User Manual.  Try Windows Start menu, R, Reality XP to find it listed.  It contains information about flight plan folder location.  You can even create a Windows shortcut to any folder location you choose.  You just have to put that shortcut in the correct place.

I established a free account at Fltplan.com and do my flight planning there. Fltplan.com provides a feature to export flight plans in GNS .pln format.  The Skyvector site also provides that feature.  Note that you will from time to time encounter errors when attempting to import flight plans.  The Garmin Trainers contain filters, or rules, that are applied during the import process.  The most common error is due to a waypoint in the plan where the name of the waypoint has a duplicate of the same name in the Garmin database.  The trainer will not pick one of the duplicates for you.  Also, I believe the GNS cannot import airway references or arrivals/departures/approaches. Those must be added after the import.  So the flight plan must be strictly waypoints.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere