Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

X-Aviation licensing Issue - Disappointing Support

3 minutes ago, Brian Mackie said:

Negative as expected, of course

You expected a negative response, after my response that was completely neutral and directed you to the proper channels??

Oh, brother.

3 minutes ago, Brian Mackie said:

but I hope it promotes a discussion at X-Aviation and among its developers about how to avoid threads like this.

Actually, no.  It won't.  Threads like this are few and far between.  The last time I saw one like this was at the other X-Plane forum, over a year ago, and was promptly locked by an admin who saw it as unproductive and without benefit to anyone.  (Even our competitors aren't interested in seeing this kind of thing.)

Like they say, "You can't please everybody, all the time".

Cameron, thank you. I appreciate your comments.

You'll see from my various posts that I have never had cause to complain about your customer service, and am happy with the quality of products I purchased from X-Aviation.

I was merely making some observations about a) comments seen from other customers, and b) your irritating relicensing procedure.

I would never wish to intrude on private grief, but when your customers resort to forums such as this, surely it would be a good idea to work on heading them off at the pass? Even if the customer is not tech-savvy, or even if they are time-wasters, they actually determine what is going to happen to your company, and must be indulged - no matter what temporary annoyance they cause you.

Oh, and to Goran, while "you can't please everybody all the time" the commercial aim is to please most of them all the time and safely contain (and satisfy) the ones who aren't.

Edited by Brian Mackie

2 minutes ago, Brian Mackie said:

while you can't please everybody all the time" the commercial aim is to please most of them all the time and safely contain (and satisfy) the ones who aren't.

Which I have done for, coming on to 12 years. We can't prevent people from complaining.  That's censorship.  But we can try and diffuse the situation by engaging in a discussion, if both parties are willing.  

10 minutes ago, Brian Mackie said:

I would never wish to intrude on private grief, but when your customers resort to forums such as this, surely it would be a good idea to work on heading them off at the pass? Even if the customer is not tech-savvy, or even if they are time-wasters, they actually determine what is going to happen to your company, and must be indulged - no matter what temporary annoyance they cause you.

I appreciate your cause for concern, but I also don't believe some who work harder to moan deserve faster attention than those ahead of them who wait. That actually WOULD be putting dollars over service.

After eleven years of this business and seeing the growth trends I know we're on the right track. In no way is business declining or hurting (majorly opposite).

In reality, forums represent about 2-3% of our userbase. While we don't mind interacting in them, they are naturally a place for negativity and in no way representative of the whole picture business wise.

I appreciate your thoughts though, Brian.

Happy Flights!

Edited by Cameron XA

Founder of X-Aviation

I agree that forums tend to be dominated by negativity, and their contents should be very carefully examined. That sentence will, of course, be almost universally ignored...

Nevertheless, amongst all the ignorance and anger, useful information can be found (and I have discovered a lot of it on aviation forums such as this).

But the fact is that, while you say forums apparently represent 2-3% of the X-Aviation user base, you nevertheless latched on to this conversation, and this shows that you pay attention to them. And because the contributors are opinion-formers and possible guides to purchasing decisions, you are right to do so. I've always paid close attention to customers, since I started in business back in 1982.

Thank you for the debate, which was more about customer service than flight simulation. I enjoyed it and will now withdraw, to let others have their say - if the moderator permits!

Edited by Brian Mackie

2 hours ago, killthespam said:

I agree that the issue is more likely to be due to the operating system upgrade, unfortunately some people are not computer literates and no mater what you want to believe your customer service and mentality

is not up to the par with many business in our days.

FYI there was not computer upgrade in my case.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I got so frustrated with a similar issue  that i just told xaviation to delete my account. Fastest support ever! Account deleted in less than 5 minutes with all my previous tickets flagged as closed because "customer requested deletion". they were glad to see me go i guess.

• Like 1

Colonel,Indian Army.

My rig : z370  i9 9900k RTX 3090 MSI, 32 gb Ram, m2 nvme 1tb, sata ssd 1tb, 4tb hdd, 850watt smps antek bronze

my sims : DCS world, IL2 Battle of kuban, Stalingrad , MSFS, P3D 5.1, X-plane, Elite dangerous, Star citizen

Just now, ajaybala said:

I got so frustrated with a similar issue  that i just told xaviation to delete my account. Fastest support ever! Account deleted in less than 5 minutes with all my previous tickets flagged as closed because "customer requested deletion". they were glad to see me go i guess.

What did you expect them to do?

36 minutes ago, Cameron XA said:

I think even @1st fltsimguy (who started this thread), can confirm that I have been conversing several times today with him, and, at the end of the day even he was not out of the last reply received response window we post. Stating that he "wrote a week ago" is misleading in that it doesn't tell the rest of the story, which is he sent numerous e-mails after that, and is something we inform not to do. He has admitted to not reading this, and that's okay. We do our part to communicate it though.

Cameron, thanks to todays work to try and resolve this issue.  I don't want to beat this to death.  I do want to say I did not read any of the stuff about sending followup emails so that's on me.

However, I waited what I considered a lengthy period, like three days before I saw any action in the bull pen. Then after did get the initial response to which I replied very quickly that day, it went quiet again, until today's' wonderful back and forth.

Perhaps my expectations in today's business world are too high.  Nothing wrong with that in my view.

I also want to make it clear, I almost never ever have problems that I personally can't resolve.  It's a very rare occasion that I find myself stymied and need help.  So when I do, you may be able to see that now a week later I'm still dealing with this issue and it's not resolved yet, why I might be a bit testy.

cheers Cameron and much thanks for today, but please keep in might I have three planes I have invested in that are not functional in my sim as yet.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

when?

Edited by ajaybala

Colonel,Indian Army.

My rig : z370  i9 9900k RTX 3090 MSI, 32 gb Ram, m2 nvme 1tb, sata ssd 1tb, 4tb hdd, 850watt smps antek bronze

my sims : DCS world, IL2 Battle of kuban, Stalingrad , MSFS, P3D 5.1, X-plane, Elite dangerous, Star citizen

4 minutes ago, GoranM said:

What did you expect them to do?

when? double post. sorry.

Edited by ajaybala

Colonel,Indian Army.

1 minute ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

but please keep in might I have three planes I have invested in that are not functional in my sim as yet.

It's not lost on me at all, but this one seems squarely in your court, as you're aware. From a remote distance there's only so much I can do.

For those interested, he seems to be having a firewall or anti virus issue. On our end there's nothing blocking his licenses at all.

Founder of X-Aviation

2 minutes ago, ajaybala said:

when?

You requested your account deleted.  Then said 

7 minutes ago, ajaybala said:

they were glad to see me go i guess.

I'm confused.  When I request my account to be deleted from a website, and they delete it, I'm...happy.  I fail to see the problem you're having with your account getting deleted after you specifically requested it to be deleted.  Am I missing something??  I'm staying right away from this one.

Edited by GoranM

2 minutes ago, GoranM said:

You requested your account deleted.  Then said 

Just pointing out a fact. the last line was a guess. yours is as good as mine.

Edited by ajaybala

Colonel,Indian Army.

And I will say, the only "few" comments you usually get are from the "few" having issues, no different to XPLANE itself where one person says its broken and 99 dont have an issue but its the add ons fault, still lots popping up saying xplanes broken and they have a list of add ons that cause issues. What do you do, now I have to go learn to fly the IXEG 737 now that i can do procedures with the SSG 170