Sign in to follow this  
Eytan_Ofir

Dme problem with a full flight simulator

so my problem is a bit weird but i would love to get some help

I am taking care of tech stuff for a full piper archer simulator at an aviation school

its the archer RTD from Frasca and its using 2 430's by RXP

the one problem we have is there is no DME in the sim... so i decided to try some stuff.

i added a pop up 2d DME panel to the panel.cfg and this way i thought that when i will tune a nav freq on the 430 the dme will show but it didn't work.

after adding the radio panels to try to see if the freq is tuning only in the GPS or in the sim too i sew that all of the nav radios and freq in the sim are stuck at 100.0 (picture attached-http://prntscr.com/y9fu2f)

and that's why i am not getting a reading from the pop up dme (witch works with other aircrafts)

is there any way of syncing the rxp 430's freqs with the sim? if not do you guys know why are all the freqs stuck on 100? i cant move them at all

i know its frasca's problem that we don't have a DME but they said they cannot do nothing about it.. intresting how they are selling an rtd for instrument practice with no dme

i thought maybe you guys can help us find a solution

thank you very much

Eytan

39 minutes ago, Eytan_Ofir said:

is there any way of syncing the rxp 430's freqs with the sim? if not do you guys know why are all the freqs stuck on 100? i cant move them at all

I am not sure what "the sim" is, but the RXP GNS gauges can talk to FSX/P3D or XPlane just fine.

Whoever came up with the interface between RXP and "the sim" will have to figure this one out, I would think..

For FSX/P3D, the RXP GNS uses the standard flightsim variables, either COM1/NAV1 or COM2/NAV2.  You seem to be able to add a radio popup to "the sim", so you may know more about the coding.. 🙂

• Like 1

Bert

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

I am not sure what "the sim" is, but the RXP GNS gauges can talk to FSX/P3D or XPlane just fine.

Whoever came up with the interface between RXP and "the sim" will have to figure this one out, I would think..

For FSX/P3D, the RXP GNS uses the standard flightsim variables, either COM1/NAV1 or COM2/NAV2.  You seem to be able to add a radio popup to "the sim", so you may know more about the coding.. 🙂

thank you very much for responding. i found another topic and now im thinking that maybe the comms are disabled and thats why they all show 100. i will have to check if thats correct in the aircraft.cfg

thanks again