Sign in to follow this  
Guest DreamFleet

Aviation Axioms.....

Guest Bob I

If you are ever faced with a forced landing at night, turn on the landing lights to see the landing area. If you don't like what you see, turn'em back off.Have a nice day,Bob... in sunny Florida

Guest Adverse Yawn

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire""Never be where your brain didn't arrive five minutes before." Applies to anything in life, just change the 5 mins, to 1 hour/day/week/year (delete as appropriate).

"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are no old, bold, pilots.

Guest Adverse Yawn

Another old one sprang to mind:Every new pilot starts with two buckets, one called "Luck" and one called "Experience". As the Experience bucket fills up, the Luck bucket empties.

The way I've always heard that one was that "It's prudent to fill the experience bucket before the bucket of luck runs out."----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

Guest Adverse Yawn

Hmmm, I suggest you have a leak my friend. May I suggest a good quality thermo plastic model :D

Guest Fearless Tower

Not strictly limited to avaition, but very applicable just the same...."Life is tough....but it's tougher if yer stupid"-John Wayne

I learnd this gem from the chief pilot at the FBO where I earned my commercial ticket & instrument rating back in 1977, who was a retired Air Force colonel. (He also turned me inside out during 11 wonderful hours of aerobatics training in his Bellanca Decathlon which was painted in the Thunderbirds scheme.)"The three most useless things in aviation are:A. The runway behind you.B. The altitude above you.C. The fuel you didn't put aboard."Happy sim-flying, all! :(

"Keep the rubber side down" or"Keep the shiny side up"VicVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-proud.jpghttp://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannersupporter.jpg

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guest Adverse Yawn

I can't resist more:"It's better to be down here wishing you were up there than up there wishing you were down here."

Guest jboweruk

"If you pull the stick back the houses get smaller, if you pull the stick back harder they get bigger again."

Guest RiddlePilot

One of the professors at ERAU in Daytona had a similar version of the pull the stick/push the stick.He was a retired airline captain, and had either yelled WAY too much during his day, or had a medical issue with his vocal cords. He had a very soft voice, almost like he was always whispering. He wore a white shirt, a blue tie, those baseball umpire style trousers, and some white tennis shoes...EVERY DAY! If any of you are graduates of Embry-Riddle, you may know who I'm talking about. If any of you have taken a tour of the campus, you might know also. He's the guy that loves to talk aviation...Bill Baker.Anyway, he stood up in front of class one day and, in his thunderous whispering voice, explained the aerodynamics of a stall to the private pilot students. He used some pretty elaborate body language to drive home the point."Boys and girls, all you have to remember when flying is that if you push on the stick, the cows get bigger. If you pull back on the stick, the cows get smaller...but if you pull the stick TOO far back, the cows start to get bigger again."

Guest Adverse Yawn

One more for luck:A superior pilot uses his superior judgement so that he doesn't need to use his superior skills.Seve Ballesteros could have use this kind of advice!