Sign in to follow this  
delta november

Barron RPM counter

Guest RGH

Hi Is anyone else getting a fault with the barrons Rev counter,Mine seems to work ok to start then sticks at full revs,This is bad news to me as some of the hops I am doing my fuel consuption drops to as low as 3% and as I need to set the revs to save fuel I can not.can ayone help to solve this pleaseRegardsRex

Guest RGH

hi GeofaI have a small throttle dead zone set.I will take your advice and increase it.Thank you for the help.Have a Merry Christmas.RegardsRex

Guest RGH

Hi again GeofaJust tried it But I am still getting the same result.I am sure I did not get the problem on a previous FSX install,I will try a few more things before I go for my 7th re-install But Microsoft keep on accepting it.All the best.Rex

Maybe it's the prop pitch (CTRL + F2) (CTRL+F3) being out-of-whack?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2530 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest RGH

Hi GeofaWell I have checked out all the Prop driven airoplanes and the only two with the problem is the Beech Barron and the Mooney BravoI will spend a little more time before I reinstall Yes I got FSUIPC 4but I have still go some lerning on that program to do.I have only set the battery life and clouds with it at the moment.All the best Rex

Guest RGH

Hi RhettIf it dose it in the Moony that will let the prop pitch out wont it.Merry ChristmasRegardsRex

Guest RGH

Hi all Well I have just reinstalled FSX removed the drivers and all files from my Saitek X52 and install the drivers from the saitek installation disk and I have still got the problem,Ever since the Change to FSX I have had problems with the Saitek Drivers. saitek recomended what I have just done I have no other problems with FSX so I am now going to install saitek X52 latest drivers from their website If that dont work I will remove the X52 and try to fly the plane with the keyboard.RegardsRex.

Guest RGH

Hi again.WellI think I have sorted it out But I dont understand what is the cause.I take off clime to the set altitude and leval off the speed then builds up when it passes 160kts I have no contol of the rev counters in the barron.So if I cut the speed down from 200kts to 160 kts the revs stay the same it is only when the speeds drops to below 120 kts dose the rev counter kick in again.Dose this happen in real flight or just in FSX It never happend in fs9 or should I say that I never noticed it in FS9 and I have only just noticed it in fsx I was trying to reduce the engine speeds to get better fuel efficancy.Or am I doing it all wrong again.Please Help.I must get this plane around the world in FSX as I did in FS9Best regardsRexPS heck of a job flying with just the Key board,How did you FS95 pilots manage it.

I fly with all keyboard.I own a yoke but I just can't get into it.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2530 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest RGH

Hi RhettI recon you deserve a medalRegardsRex

Guest Ron Freimuth

>Hi Geofa>Well I have checked out all the Prop driven airoplanes and the>only two with the problem is the Beech Barron and the Mooney>Bravo........>Rex Sounds like carburetor icing. In FSX, fuel injected engines ice up. 'H' will melt the ice. In the Mooney, 'H' or hitting the 'Prop deice' switch will restore MP. If the throttle lever moves over the full range, throttle control should be adequate. Sometimes hitting 'F4' will add a bit of power over full JS throttle setting. Of course, you have to lean the powerplants at higher altitudes or power will drop. Ron

Guest RGH

Hi RonThank you for the advice.It realy is getting real in FSX,This is the second time That (Jack Frost) as beat me.Merry ChristmasRegardsRex