Sign in to follow this  
mikegrr

Annoying DA62 flashing Cockpit...any fix?

I may have asked this before, but I am getting annoying flashing in the cockpit view of the stock and moded DA-62. Maybe every 30 seconds or so. I tried deleting the airplane and reloading it and I tried other liveries and I deleted all mods from my community folder. I updated the Nvidia driver and none of those solutions worked. I have a newish rig with a 3080 Nvidia card.

I can't figure it out why only this plane has this problem.

Has anyone come across this problem or know a fix?

Thanks

My son came across this issue , also only affecting the DA62. He has a PC that just barely makes the minimum hardware spec on paper but otherwise runs the sim rather well. What GPU are you using?

Not such a great loss, the DA62 is not a great aircraft to fly, even with the mod. Visibility out the cockpit is not great at all. 

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I have a fast CPu at ~5mgz. But you're right the visibility is terrible and there are faster planes.

Could you describe the cockpit flashing a bit more?  I will look for it on the next flight.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I rarely fly the DA762 as well but I just went to fly it and experienced the same glitching. It appears to be during straight and level flying and only from cockpit view.  I have plenty of graphics and computer power.

Edited by PacmanPilot
  • Like 1

Wow!  Interesting.  That leads me to believe it is a camera config issue, as I can't quite pause it during the glitch, but it appears to be trying to change to a different view.

I wonder if changing the default viewpoint a little would fix it?

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Ive never seen this problem, and I am using many varied liveries, and the latest mod.  Strange.

Cheers,  Brian L Robinson

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!

That is weird! I fly the DA-62 all the time and I’ve never seen that glitch. Probably have at least 60 hours in her too. Both the default and modded versions. 

2 hours ago, ozzieblr said:

Ive never seen this problem, and I am using many varied liveries, and the latest mod.  Strange.

X2.  And I have logged 52 hours in the DA62, use the latest mod, the WT G1000 mod, and addon liveries.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Maybe it's a settings problem, like the refresh rate or reflections. Not a big deal but I'll experiment.

Crazy that's only on this plane and only a few folks have the problem.

37 minutes ago, DescendDescend said:

suggested a fix in the fourth post.

You might mean the motion blur effect? That is set to off.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

DescendDescend got it right!  How weird is that, that by turning off camera shake, it corrected a problem I was only having with the DA62.  
Options -> General -> Cameras page

And as another simmer pointed out, the glitch was only happening inside the cockpit and not the landscape.  I should have returned sooner as I was rolling back drivers, optimizing settings, etc. 

I'm glad it got resolved because after all this testing, and after installing the WTG1000 and DA62X mod, I actually started to like flying this plane! LOL!